Who has fear of flying after their illness

I filled 2 passports with ‘souvenir stamps’ (you had to ask the officials for one because they quit doing it routinely) from 1990-2010.

My ex has a 2nd business in Germany, and flys his own Cessna 172.
I think we were in the air more than on land-
and I loved to fly-
especially the turbulence
but hated being squashed in those commercial flight seats for 12 hours nonstop.

The last time I flew commercial was to attend my father in laws funeral, back in 2010.
The security guard at SFO (San Francisco) started yelling at me amd throwing a temper tantrum when I had to repeatedly as him what he was asking me due to his very thick accent.
The after another security guy intervened and told me he had said to remove my boots and put the in the tub on the conveyer belt, then the 1st brat ran back to me and shouted as loud as he could “What’s your problem- don’t YOU speak English?”

um…ok, sure, thanks, bye bye!

You couldn’t pay me to fly again commercially.

2 Likes

I love flying. The trips to and from CA were really fun, got to play my old DS and watch some TV stations on my laptop in the air. Was kind of scared to go the first time, but more due to the complicated process of getting through security and all that and getting to the right gate, not the actual flying.

1 Like

Erica Jong.

Actually until I was in my twenties I had never flown before. A friend and roommate of mine got someone he knew from working at the airport to take me up in a small plane. It didn’t scare me. Then in my thirties my dad took me with him back east to visit my step-sister. That was my first flight in a big jet airliner and that didn’t scare me either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.