Who else thinks they are a nerd? or nerdish tendencies ...?

oh how I love my action figures…I am constantly standing Lord Sauron up because when the dogs whack the shelves with their tails sometimes he falls back…then there’s Jimmy Page smoking a cigarette and playing a double necked guitar in his dragon outfit…then there’s Slash leaning back bending a note on his Les Paul with a stack of amps and speakers behind him…Slash used to smoke a cigarette too but it broke off darnit…I also have Gene Simmons in his red cape and axe shaped bass but I only like the other members of KISS…oh well…I love them all !! am I a nerd? yes, but I like it…haha

12 Likes

My hobbies consist of magic the gathering, yughioh, warhammer and reading manga. Yep I’m a nerd. Oh and some board games.

6 Likes

I used to love MTG. Had to let it go because I was spending way too much money on cards. :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

3 Likes

puts me back to the age old ? if you like something nerded dose this make you a nerd, ?

2 Likes

We collect all sorts of stuff. Action figures, MTG, Star Wars, Funko pop, and more.

7 Likes

One of my hobbies is collecting what I like to call “nerd coins” – they are actual monetary coins that commemorate scientists. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I have Game of Thrones Pop! Figures…yes they are displayed on my desk shelf. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I believe nerd means you’re overly studious and geek is the proper term for someone that collects action figures, comic books and plays video games.

1 Like

I have the Nerd Marker on chromosome 5.

Chess. Backgammon. Rubik’s Cube. Video Gaming. Language learning. Comic books. I can properly say M. Night. Shyamalan.

:thinking:

2 Likes

My biggest nerdish tendencies… Zero not a nerd… Calling myself anything but awesome would be weird. I’m weird as fudge but weord is great. I would rather be weird than normal. Weirdos have more fun. Lol.

3 Likes

I use to collect anime, manga, action figures and cards. My favorite action figure I use to have was a limited addition gold majin super saiyan vegeta. I use to collect yugioh, Pokemon and digimon cards

4 Likes

This was my “playroom” while growing up… not shown is my oscilloscope, Atari 800 computer, microscopes, chemistry equipment, electronic kits, a/c generator and telescopes. A lot of stuff like the overhead projector, telescopes and oscilloscope we got used at garage sales. The stack of magazines were probably COMPUTE!, Creative Computing, Omni and Scientific American.

2 Likes

My husband calls me a nerd all the time.

I had a guy break it off with me when I was younger because I was too logical, too “scientific” lol but I don’t collect anything. I don’t know if that qualifies me as a nerd or not. I guess if I had more energy I would be a nerd.

2 Likes

I am a nerd… 151515

3 Likes

I don’t know how cool I am, some people might say a lot, others would say not at all. I believe I am in certain ways, but as I grow older I don’t worry as much about looking cool all the time. I don’t worry so much about looking good all the time.

So yeah, when the soldier at work a few days ago made a kind of lame comment about something that as a teenager I would have laughed at, instead I kinda agreed with him and laughed with him, not at him. And when my sisters took me with them to see Mary Poppins at the theater I thought it was weird but nevertheless, I relaxed and enjoyed some of it. I have nerdish tendencies, maybe embracing our nerdish tendencies actually means we are secure in our coolness, lol.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a bookworm and loner with nerdish tendencies definitely.

2 Likes

I go beyond nerd to spaz. I’m intensely self conscious. I’m so spastic I stand out in a crowd. It sucks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.