Who else had physical symptoms around his/her sz? I hope, that they'll fade away though

Im sorry but thats irresponsible of your pdoc. Please go see a dr and rule out physical causes for your symptoms.

1 Like

Nope, there really is no treatment for the conversion disorder… those are just psychosomatic disorders… this means that if my mind is healthy, ill be healthy in my body too, that was my point…
You can research on the net, theres no med for the conversion… i take trt for my head and they prescribe more activities or meditation etc, to chill…
The cause is really in the mind and mine is ill for now…
I progressed a bit though on the somatics with efforts and am continuing to get in sz remission, cause i still have real, sick thinking…
You can check in google, no precise meds for the psychosomatic disorders…
Otherwise, i am on zyprexa, klonopin and benadryl…

Oh, there is the therapy too in fact yeap. Its totally beatable though, dont worry much i guess…
In fact, my case is special and i dont seek for therapy for one other reason too - they gave me way too many psychiatric meds for 10 years, without much result, the zyprexa works the best on me, but after this treatment, i became way too numb etc…
So my pdoc now doesn’t want to experiment more and we try to wake up my intellect and mind without just switching or trying new meds, ive done that for 10 years…
Theres still suffering here but i am ill since kid, i never had a life in fact and now we fight for my mind in my 40s, after all the experiments on me in my hospitals… thats it in fact… my intellect was affected, now we fight for it too, but against the paranoia too etc, tricky thing… :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:
Take care!!!

1 Like

You have had a hard life anna. Or life has been hard on you. Some of us get hurt more then others by this illness. You are stuck in a bad place and i dont know if its your own doing or not. But it doesnt matter because no matter what you write there is always a little message of hope in there. Sometimes we cant bootstrap are way out of things and you have to work from where your at. Best of luck in your journey.

2 Likes

Im not at all saying theres a med for conversion disorders. Im saying if you dont eule out physical causes of physical symptoms like the ones youre describing you will never know if it is actually a conversion disorder. Medical gaslighting is a thing and very rampant, i try to be mindful of it, and let drs know if im unsure if something is related to mental health or not and want to investigate further. My symptoms that my dr thinks may be autoimmune might be a conversion thing, im open to that, but im also not going to accept that as a first answer.

1 Like

Yes i absolutely agree with this. I read your posts often @Anna1 and i have such deep sympathy for you. I have also had a hard life and have dragged my feet ar various times about doing what i needed to do because i simply wasnt ready or in a position to for whatever reason. Keep fighting. And maybe really consider therapy. Ultimately our health is our responsibility. Drs can throw all the pills they want at us but for a lot of us it isnt a complete fix and we must utilize whatever therapy approach will work foe your specific symptoms. For me its been a combination of cbt, dbt, social skills training, emdr, and erp. Ive been in therapy for the better part of the last decade and its really done wonders, especially my new therapist who is a psychoanalyst.

1 Like

Oh, thank you both :blush:
Well, @Grookey , the conversion disorder fitted me as a glove personally… My ex pdoc even wasnt aknowledging it, i was silent in front of her, but one other, more liberal and compassionate doctor said in one look, that i have it and its true… In fact, they say on the internet, that once youve realize, that its a bit in your head too, this is already a step forward… In fact, my somatics lessened a bit lately, only cause i am trying to think more rationally and to move more… No other physical causes for me, i am sure… But yeap, you, keep investigating… Me, i was quite numb and degraded so i was believing a lot the pdocs before, i thought that they’ll fix it all with meds, but nope, it probably is impossible even…
Oh well, i am severe yeap, but maybe theres the genetics too, not only because of my abusive father… My dad totally destroyed my vision of the life too though, but my sister is healthy and strong, while me, i drag in life still thats it… My father ended up with some kind of psychosis too and died from it in fact, thats why i was quite desperate too… But now am turning to the virtues, to the wisdom and a bit of to some prayers etc… I take my meds too and i try to act.
If i complain its only, cause i was really left by everyone for 20 years, its a lot of time… and my mother keeps the mantra, that i’ll always be sick and alone, she is tough too…
anyway… My friends here try to support me, i give them my experience too, cause ive learned things about life around this illness heh…
Pardon me in advance if i’ll complain sometimes, its just that the pain and the bitterness come strong still… But we really can be happy, yeap!!! :slight_smile: I just wonder what of our symptoms will be always here for us, but my goal is to get rid of some of them now… I can live with some left along symptoms, but my current state is such, that i cant handle even a person at my home, i got tired to socialize even lol…
anyway.
Yeap, keep researching Grookey, its doable, you fight well from what i see, theres the light effectively, which i wasnt seeing before lol… Big hugs!
I have my appointment now with my hairdresser heh, i make a mullet lately, its a very strange cut for my closeminded country, but i want to embrace a bit my difference heh… So i’ll be pampered in a few, i hope i wont mess something with the hairdresser, i told her before that i am bipolar, cause i cant hide my fears still, its tangible still for the others…

1 Like