Who else had physical symptoms around his/her sz? I hope, that they'll fade away though

Ok, so my sz was really physical as well for decades in fact… It was one of the reasons, that i got desperate, sad too… :frowning:
I am diagnosed though with a somatic disorder, its called conversion disorder, but for the most of the people, this goes away in months… me, i drag my reactive body since always…
I wont complain much now, but i was wondering if someone else had physical symptoms too… Idk how the big suffering cant affect physically as well…
anyway, i’ll fight that too, but i cant function well because of it too…
I just wonder if i am alone on that too… Its quite smth to get sad of too i find, i really cant control often my body, no matter that i now try to pay less attention to the most of my symptoms…
I also am starting to believe, that accepting the hardships in my life, can make me stronger in fact with the time… i was way too sensitive in fact… I sometimes was unable even to listen to a long talk, this starts to seem to me not as human even anymore but i am determined now to live happily…
Idk if i’ll do it though… Theres no meds for the psychosomatic disorders, they just try to make you recover on the thinking and they prescribe more physical activities…

1 Like

Anna, I have been reading you post for years and know one thing for sure.

You are suffering because you refuse to help yourself.

If they say do more physical activities, get out there and do stuff.

You are not going to recover sitting in your room making your own symptoms worse.

The symptoms do not just fade away.

You have to do the work.

2 Likes

I do more work now, pls, leave me alone… Its smth when you cant control your body, only cause you try to defend yourself for example…
You know what too? My pdoc said, that i cant cure my sz with efforts… But he didnt say with what then… What should i do? Pay efforts or no? I have few support, believe me, am quite alone since 3 decades…
And believe me, i fight… But you dont have a clue what is conversion disorder since kid either…

1 Like

Whatever, Anna.

It’s true that I don’t know the details of your life,

But making excuses as to why you can’t get better isn’t going to serve you well.

I stand by what I said and think you should make more aggressive moves toward being active.

Yeah, you dont know the details… To feel all your energy in your feet only, until paralysis even and this, since forever… You would have turned depressed too…
The rest is my mother who thinks and says, that i’ll always be alone and sick, totally negative about all around her shitty life too… My father who was a psychopath and who destroyed all joy in us…
i try to wake up now, even at my 40s, but i still wake up sometimes with a body, which i cant control charlesfoster… Ive entered in a total shaky phase, only cause i was defending the lgbt in front of my mother, who just ended up by saing, that i am just dumb and out of order etc etc…

Ok, but i hear you and i appreciate you here too in fact… Ok, more active moves, i see… I am just influenced by my pdoc, who said, that i wont beat that with efforts…
In fact, i count only on my efforts now, but coming from an instance that i wont do it like that, is hard too, who i should believe? My online friend also believes in the activities, but not my pdoc, idk why…
I just feel alone on my somatic disorder, thats why i bring it up here, but no one understands maybe…
You have a sz totally free from physical stuff? idk how is this possible lol…

I’d get a second opinion if my pdoc had that attitude.

If you don’t want opinions, then why ask? You post the same things and expect different answers. It isn’t going to happen except from new members that don’t know your history.

If you want to get better, do better. There is no other choice.

I wanted an opinion on the somatic disorder… how does it feel for the others, who have it… How did they managed it eventually?
If you want to get better, just do better applies to sz and depression?

What exactly does one feel with conversion disorder?

2 Likes

My opinion of somatic disorder is that it can likely be worked on in therapy.

Do you see a therapist?

Well, i lack energy often mainly in my extremities, so its hard to walk even… i have an awkward walk still etc… You can have a real physical sensation of ‘‘soul’’ pain in the chest, in the stomach, stiffness, shakiness, dizziness… I even get the eyesight dark etc… Some can get to real paralysis… Me, i cant move for example for some few hours in the late afternoon…
But i hate mainly the lack of energy… I also slept a lot for my whole life around that, i suffered on this because i was treated by my family as a zombie, for real…
Its a bit frightening tbh, but its probably a neurotic thing too… I take it that i least, i always feel something, even if its bad, cause there are states, when you feel nothing anymore…
I progressed though, i walk through the difficulties, but i still get sad, maybe cause i have few support from my family… Hugs schztuna, dont worry.

2 Likes

Yes. It does

Doing better means searching for treatment. Sticking to treatment. Making goals and working toward them.

I’ve done it.

Am too smart for a therapy, with a really tragic past :stuck_out_tongue: :smirk:
My main ex pdoc was saying too, that the therapy wont help me… I was in a daily group, i progressed more with my effort and a bit of wisdom tbh…
Believe me, @Charles_Foster, i progressed, even my friends say it… Nah, i was way too sedentary, i should change that too mainly i find…
The rest is that my family sucks for real, theyve made of me a real patient, without freedom, i am trying to get out of that now… My mother believes in the institutions, she cant imagine that i can be even higher than that… And my goal is this now tbh, thats it…

Sounds very difficult @Anna1– was just curious because I don’t know much about it.

If possible, perhaps setting small goals throughout the day can help— like standing goals and movement goals. I dunno, anything to kinda get you out of a rut.

Just simple easy things and progressing from there.

Best of luck to you :+1:

2 Likes

You are too smart for therapy?

Okay.

I’m done here.

1 Like

Ok, just dont hate me now… am not too smart, ok, i just believe that the sedentary really killed me, so i should change that…
Plus ive been for 10 years in institutions, can you believe that i had enough of that? Ive told you, my family of mine made of me a slave, i had enough of this…

2 Likes

We have many very intelligent members that use therapy here. This is insulting and rude.