Put on weight

Put on weight since starting these antipsychotics (Abilify), although I doubt it is fully the Abilify. I am going to try intermittant fasting again. Eat everything and all my meals between 10 and 6 so I can try to avoid midnight snacking.

1 Like

I tried 5 AP and my weight was lowest on Abilify. Highest on Zyprexa followed by Risperdal which I am on now.

1 Like

Zyprexa didn’t work well for me thank goodness I am off it.

1 Like

My BMI on Abilify was 25.8, now its 41 obese, sucks. I can’t be on Abilify anymore due to side effects like shopping addiction.

1 Like

My BMI is close to 32 and I need to do something about it now. I am fed up of putting on this much weight.

1 Like

On Abilify I used to go to the gym almost daily for at least an hour, 45min cardio and 30min weight lifting.

1 Like

I am lazzy, I cannot do gym because I cannot maintain it. I do walk almost everyday though for 45 minutes.

2 Likes

I went with a friend who motivated me, maybe find a gym buddy.

1 Like

How about biking? It burns more calories. I am giving advice but now since stopping the Abilify I can’t exercise due to negative symptoms.

1 Like

I have a bike which is broken, and I bought one from costco and it went straight back. I might build the walking before I try bike again.

1 Like

Maybe just walk more or try to jogg then?

1 Like

You can also use a step counter app on your phone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.