White Collar Vs. Blue Collar Careers

4 Likes

I have done both types of work. Rewarding in different ways, but it’s always handy to have two skill sets

3 Likes

I have both white and blue collar skills, but my health issues preclude me from most types of blue collar employment that I know how to do.

2 Likes

Always been retail or blue collar so not sure how I’d do in an office environment. Too old and past it to try but younger I had some issues with paranoia that made blue collar work easier for me for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve only done white collar jobs.

Here there are plenty of jobs both white & blue collar for anyone with a good work ethic.

2 Likes

I have always had this

My worst days have been during the periods of inactivity

2 Likes

I currently work a Pink Collar job.

Pink collar is described this way by Google:

“Generally, pink-collar labor is related to customer interaction, entertainment, sales, or other service-oriented types of work. Librarians, maids, flight attendants, receptionists and secretaries are included in this segment.”

2 Likes

I don’t know if Mr. Burry is right. I think he’s been wrong before. I, personally, switched from white collar to blue collar about 7 years ago. Time may tell whether the additional blue collar experience might help me more in the future.

I seriously doubt that all white collar work will be offshored. As Mr. Zuckerberg indicates for his company, they may just turn up the heat and people’s merits may matter more. You are accustomed to that, right?

I’m safe in my own industry. There is a shortage of skilled insurance brokers, especially with commercial experience. I get several job offers a week despite having an incomplete LinkedIn profile.

3 Likes

I have an MBA and an aircraft mechanics license so I can go either way.

2 Likes

Congratulations to the people in this thread that seem to feel confident in their current career or career options. :slight_smile:

Despite my many areas of career experience and multiple degrees, I don’t feel terribly confident.

But, to look on the bright side, I still think it is an interesting time to be alive.

I never understood the meaning of colored workers for example White Collar blue collar red color what is a red collar worker anyway.?

1 Like

I work in a pink collar job. It’s low pressure low stress for me.

1 Like