Which do you prefer? violin or cello?

can’t decide which one i want to play. i love both, maybe the cello is more masculine? i love the artistry of sliding a bow across the strings. i don’t know a lot about either instrument really, i almost bought a violin a couple years ago, but heard they are difficult to learn. i think the violins maybe arent as expensive as cellos. do you have a preference between the 2 instruments?

1 Like

cello. it has a little more depth to it

2 Likes

I like the cello. Maybe you should make a poll.

1 Like

The average violin price for beginners is up to $1,000, while you need to give at least $2,000 to $5,000 for the student cello . For more experienced players, the overall violin cost can vary from $1,000 to $20,000 or more for the professional instrument. The high-quality cello will cost you $10,000 to $25,000.

1 Like

the cheapest violin you can buy is $40. lol the quality might be horrific tho. nowadays there are super budget instruments which are not as good of quality but still playable enough to let you know if its something you want to invest in

2 Likes

My fingers are too small to play the cello. So in school, I played the violin. Can’t play it anymore though

2 Likes

Cello. I love listening to the 2 cellos.

3 Likes

Violin is important in, almost, every composition of classical music. Cello is deeper , different timbre. It’s up to you

3 Likes

Violin…so good.

2 Likes

Cello…I love its sound!

1 Like

both 1515characters

1 Like

i want to try playing double bass one day

1 Like

Me too. 2 cellos is really cool. :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I’m practical - I didn’t want to carry a bulky cello around everywhere I go.

1 Like

I played cello in high school…loved the orchestra…violin is too hard for me…I love the cello.

1 Like

My 14 year old plays the cello at school.

2 Likes

I played the violin in 4th and 5th grade. I picked the violin because you had to be in 5th grade to join the band. In middle school I switched to the drums.

1 Like

That’s a tough one. I think they are both beautiful when played well. I’ve always liked the deeper Viola.

1 Like

Puddin. …

1 Like