Whew, just got reviewed by Social Security

I got sent a ton of forms like almost a month and half ago. I went past the time limit to turn them in but the worker I talked to said take my time. I had to have my shrink fill some out but I never got the forms to him. And I had to have a "third party’ fill some out so I had my sister fill them out.

I was like a month late getting them back but I get a letter from my local Social Security office a week ago saying they determined my disability is “continuing”. Meaning my benefits will not stop.

And I called Social Security and asked them if I still needed that stack of forms filled out. The guy said, “Well, you should have filled them out a long time ago but we’ll overlook it this time and you don’t need to send them in.” Then he said that I’ll be reviewed again in a few years and I better fill them in the next time.

Whew, what a relief! I’ve had this situation hanging over my head since mid-November.

14 Likes

What?! Lol you don’t have to send the papers in? Some guys have all the luck!

1 Like

Well, if those workers knew what they were talking about.

1 Like

Make sure you document it. If they ever come a calling…

2 Likes

I’m glad you get to keep your benefits. Do you receive your social security yourself or do you have a payee who takes your money and manages it?

1 Like

I receive my SSDI myself. I’ve always managed my own money. I’ve made many mistakes with credit cards and stuff but I’m in a situation now where all my debts are paid and I have a little money to do what I want with.

3 Likes

Glad you’re still getting benefits, Nick! What a scary situation!

1 Like

I’m glad it all worked out for you and your still getting benefits

1 Like

Thank you…

1 Like

I think sometimes these benefits outfits kind of ‘look the other way’ when all of the paperwork isn’t properly submitted…knowing the recipient might be having cognitive difficulties with the forms.

1 Like

I kinda think that too. Plus, with this pandemic I think they kind of excuse people if they take a little longer.

1 Like

That’s great! My money goes to my husband. It sucks but at least my husband is trustworthy

1 Like

Good news. Over here a review is serious business and if social security gives you a time limit you do it because they’ll just stop benefits. I’m glad they were a bit more humane with you.

1 Like

Well done mate. Ive been bricking it since september when i sent my review forms in for the UK DWP, for my esa and pip.

They said they could take upto a year tho. I will be royally screwed if i lose it cos im carrying credit card debt of £1600 at the moment.

CPN keeps saying dont worry cos ive got a “lifelong” condition - but i still dont believe her until i know i got it for another 6 years.

2 Likes

i hated when they reviewed me but last time i went he said he was gonna put me on a list that my disability is indefinite and that i wouldn’t have to come back anymore for reviews.

Good to hear you keeping your disabilities =)

2 Likes

I swear the system has no compassion for people with illness like Schizophrenia, and how these demonising processes take a toll on people through worry and anxiety

1 Like

Been there Nick. The word continuing feels so good I want it tattooed on my arm.

Just had a review myself in October. Received the notice the day before my birthday. Believe me when opening that letter I didn’t care if I was about to turn 37. What a relief.

It was my only one for like eight years but I suppose now it will be a three year thing.

:grinning:

@77nick77 why do you think social security doesn’t care that you keep going over the income earning limit?

Because I’m not. I don’t know where you got that from. The ceiling is about $1100 or $1200 a month. If I go over that I could lose my benefits. But I never make more than that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.