Where would you move?

thinking about where I would go again if I were to move. Oregon Colorado Georgia are the usual places I think about.

my sis lives in Colorado, I spent a year of my life in Oregon and liked it, and Georgia has the weather I’m looking for.

probably Georgia makes the most sense, I get seasonal affective disorder in winters. not sure really where i’d go?

where would you go? any suggestions?

1 Like

I’d move to an English countryside :upside_down_face:

1 Like

after thinking it over, I’m leaning towards the northwest to get my career started. California would make the most sense if I had a little more money, but its just so expensive. i’ll probably work for 10 years or so in Washington or Oregon before trying to relocate to California. it may be another 2 years before I move unless I just up and go for it.

If things don’t work out, I can always come back home and work in a warehouse til I’m 65.

Chicago or New York

1 Like

I’d go to Oregon

1 Like

the thing I didn’t realize about Oregon before I drove out there for the first time is that eastern Oregon is part of the great western desert. I was anticipating green but it was kinda desolate. it gets nicer once you get mid to western Oregon. lots of sod farms along interstate 5. also most creeping bentgrass seed (for putting greens) comes from Oregon.

I’ve only been to Portland really lol. I lived in Washington for 3 months though.

1 Like

I like Portland. I left my car at pdx (Portland airport) once and was never going to return to pick it up. I flew to phoenix for the winter because I was homeless and it was warmer in phoenix. anyways my dad made me go back and get it. I swear that car was a curse. it was a responsibility I didn’t want.

cool so you know what to expect. eastern Oregon was not what I was anticipating. I would live closer to the coast. there are some affordable little towns that are kinda picteuresque places.

I was in Olympia. The weather wasn’t nice the time of year I went.

1 Like

Western Oregon is were I would choose. The coast if I could afford it.

1 Like

I was thinking of moving to Phoenix or Tucson (prefer Tucson), AZ, but my girlfriend’s family is in Florida.

I’ve been thinking about Nevada, also.

1 Like

I drove through some of the neighborhoods in Astoria Oregon. and there were domesticated white tailed deer crossing the streets and eating everybodies plants. I guess deer can get like that, where they have no fear around people when they are protected.

1 Like

I used to think I wanted to move to Arizona but I soured on the desert a little. my brother lives somewhere in phoenix if I ever want to visit. that’s enough for me.

its popular with seniors isn’t it?

1 Like

@Lifer

Yeah. I’m 54, so I’m getting up there in age.

I don’t like states that tax you to death such as CA, NY, CT…I prefer FL, TX, NV…

1 Like

How bout Vermont in the summer and Florida in the winter :sunglasses:

thatd be a dream for me

2 Likes

yeah that would be ideal if I had the money to live seasonally. a summer and winter house

2 Likes

@Jonnybegood
That sounds great. Or FL in winter and ME in summer.

1 Like

then you could do Colorado and florida which is pretty good. I would do Vermont because its local to where I live and so nice in the summer…I love Vermont. Seems like a good place to sit down and read/write.

1 Like

I’ve never been to Maine actually. I might go there soon by coincidence.

1 Like

for awhile I was thinking about get 2 trail houses, along the Appalachian trail. one in maine and one in Georgia, where I could walk to and from my houses if I wanted. I really like to hike.

1 Like