Schizophrenia.com

I've decided to try to move again

to a subsidized apartment in my hometown. going to wait until jan 2022, and then try to make arrangements. i might be put on a waitlist so decided to go ahead with it. and dad has changed his mind, i don’t get my rent money plus this property, so its an easy decision. i wasn’t going to stay here forever anyhow. the plan was to move when mom and dad died. but i will move close by them for now, and see them once a week. or the whole thing may not work out for me, if that is the case i will continue to live here in my current location.

6 Likes

i’ll be happy to not have to maintain a property, and also i can walk to restaurants when i want to for a treat meal.

3 Likes

Those waitlists can be really long. I’m my area it’s more than 10 years

2 Likes

If I had to do it all over again I’d move to Florida. I’d just have to make sure I’d be 100% healthy for a move like that.

Winters too harsh up north.

I’m kind of worried about what irrational things I’ll be doing this upcoming winter.

2 Likes

i was also considering a move to florida, but can’t afford to, if i don’t work. i have had enough of these winters as well. i do nothing all winter, i still have my heat on now, it’s been on for 6months. longer than last year, im so ready for the heat and sunshine of summer.

i also considered arizona, but i decided that was too hot, but no humidity in the desert.

1 Like

There are some small towns in Oregon that are pretty cheap. But they’re usually pretty rural. Not sure if you could walk to much. But I know you like Oregon and their winter only lasts like a week. Rainy season really isn’t that bad. Especially not compared to Indiana winters. It’s not as cloudy as everyone plays like it is.

2 Likes

i’ve looked into a town called roseburg, oregon, on interstate 5. they have a community college, and hospital. i also thought about corvalis or eugene, but cant afford it. im a little nervous about oregon now that they decriminalized herion, because i don’t have enough money to live in a nice section of town. when i was in oregon, i stayed and worked in brookings, oregon on the coast. the weather was great while i was there, i also would travel up to portland and other places on my days off. maybe someday, i will return there, but going to stay close to mom and dad until they die.

1 Like

In that case, I think trying to go for the apartment is a great idea. I think you would be a lot happier in town.

2 Likes

Thats awesome, yea i want to have my own place too in two years or three, i going to apply for section 8. I pray i can get approve so i can have my own apartment, that would be cool right. :crazy_face: my own bed, kitchen, bathroom. etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.