Where would you like to see yourself in a year? 5 years?

I’ve had this question asked a few times during job interviews. This isn’t a job interview, obviously, but where do you like to see yourself going in the near and distant future?

For me, a year from now, I guess the only big change I’m going for would be that I’m living on my own, my own apartment. And being sober, nothing sabotages goals like drugs can. In 5 years, with more independence and my own place, I’d like to meet someone and be in a stable relationship. Independent housing and a chick.

3 Likes

With 100lb less maybe even working.

5 Likes

hey @Aziz, nice to see you again. Funny you mention weight loss and working, those are my current two goals. I’ve lost 25 lbs in the last 3-4 months through exercise and better eating habits. And I have 2 part time jobs, seeking a 3rd.

How has your progress been? I remember you were waiting for a ap to be available in Canada. Are you still experiencing severe negative symptoms?

2 Likes

1 year healthy and no longer eating junk
5 years idk maybe writing for a living i would like to do that

1 Like

I’m going to be homeless soon. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

seriously? i dont know if thats a good thing or not but ive been homeless and tbh it was the best period of my life

1 Like

Yes, no progress but my Dr is putting me on Clozapine I just have to do a blood test first as I already did the heart ekg test. She said its the best for negative symptoms as it blocks much less dopamine than other APs.

Yes. I’ve been making a lot of progress lately. I’ll probably be gone in another month. I’m very happy with my decision.

1 Like

Congrats on the weight loss.

1 Like

wow im glad to see youve been progressing that way. Plato and a lot of genius and holt people have approved of poverty, i hope you find all the strength you need to take on that life…
tbh ive been trying to do it for so long but i cant seem to be strong enough to face the cold weather…hopefully you can travel somewhere warm atleast

1 Like

It’s all a state of mind. I’ll be fine. Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

@ThePoet: those are achievable goals. I eat junk food, too, but I try not to overdo it. Moderation is key. I thought I’d be a writer a few years ago. I have a few notebooks of writing a short story. I’ll get an idea about a story then just start writing. Wish I could keep it up. Good luck.

@fractaled:

I had homeless ideations for about 3-4 years back in my late 20’s early 30’s. Came close on a couple occasions, if not for my family I’da been on the street.

@aziz:

I’ve heard of some blood disorders with the drug, hope this time around it works best for you.

3 Likes

None of my family know. They think I’m going on vacation. It’s certainly by choice that I’ll stay, but I can’t tell them until I’m there. They wouldn’t understand.

@fractaled: have you been homeless before?

1 Like

i could see it going a couple different ways either living on a farm, unplugged from the world, or living somewhere without a driver’s license where i could walk and bicycle around like a small city or something. i would be happy with either outcome but i really don’t want to drive or own a vehicle so i will probably end up in a little city. right now im looking for a place that i can live that i can afford, my hometown is one option but i would rather move on down the trail and start to see the world somewhere else.

1 Like

No. I’ve had to sleep in my car on a few different occasions, but not on the streets. I don’t have a car anymore though.

I’ll probably be doing the same thing I am now in a year. In a year and a half I become eligible for the pension plan at my work place, that’s about all I have to look forward too at this point. I don’t know what life will be like in 5 years. I hope my parents are still around.

1 Like

I’m gonna be working and stuff

1 Like

really? I’m no moralist but I’d say one tries to avoid homelessness if they can. But then again, a lot of the homeless prefer the streets to be being housed.

@Lifer: that sounds nice. I live in a metropolitan city where it’s go go go. Eventually, especially if I’m still single, I’d like to settle settle somewhere a little less busy. Maybe even out of the country.

@Headspark: safe to say you are one the few among us who is going to retire with a pension. Are you a military guy?

3 Likes

Some people choose it as a way of life.

2 Likes