Where do the voices come from?

Where do you think the voices come from?

Our brains. 1515151515

I would suggest it’s a malfunction of structures that are concerned with language. Language really is an amazing development for the brain and it’s what happens when it goes wrong. Most likely the chemical level structurally.

2 Likes

For a long time I thought this was my subconscious mind trying to tell me something and I tried to pay attention and find the deeper meaning and respect it. But I realized that’s crap. It’s a misfiring, it’s random, it means nothing, it has no purpose, it shouldn’t be paid attention to.

3 Likes

I still think it’s the subconscious/unconscious mind producing them. Doesn’t mean that they have to make any sense or have any wisdom.

3 Likes

My own thoughts go up an octave, get translated into slang, and knock around a few canyons in my mind and come back in English (or French) into my head. WTF?

2 Likes

In my case, I think the inserted thoughts/voices come from people talking to me. I think I am the one crazy person that isn’t crazy. My inserted thoughts have lessened considerably over the last few months and it’s a bummer. It’s been 7 months since I was hospitalized. Risperdal keeps me out of the hospital.

2 Likes

I think they’re real spiritual beings.
I know it sounds crazy, but in all honesty,
this is my belief.

Maybe they’re just our stupid minds.

2 Likes

I keep thinking they’re from the afterlife and I find them scary

1 Like

I believe mine come from the collective super-consciousness. Also, I found enlightenment at the bottom of a bag of cheese puffs. It tasted good.

3 Likes

i think they’re spiritual forces personally. or perhaps sometimes our own thoughts misinterpreted as others.

2 Likes

@Jayster I can honestly say I’ve never had an experience like that LOL

1 Like

The preverbal thought is, “I don’t think she likes me,” and what I hear in my head that doesn’t seem to be my own thought is, “Eat ■■■■!”

It drives me nuts.

3 Likes

My voices Echo back thoughts to me, but they are chopped up and out of context. Drives me nuts LOL

2 Likes

Probably your subconscious.

2 Likes

The way I see it, it’s a disease of the brain. It must cause some neural receptors to misfire or something like that.

1 Like

I think the universe talks to me. AKA collective consciousness. She tells me I’m not crazy. She tells me I am not delusional. She even came into my dream once.

3 Likes

In your head, in your head, zombie zombie

1 Like

The outer limits. Please stand by. LOL

Or… In your head.