When is the right time to tell your partner about your SZ

I am dating someone I like a lot. He wants to have children. I was told by my psychiatrist I have to wait at least 3 years to get pregnant. It seems so complicated. What if I told him that I have sz? What if he rejects me?

3 Likes

Oh I think if you are going to have children with him you should tell him you have sz.

4 Likes

Tell him when you will know that you can trust him, when your relationship is serious

2 Likes

i used to think be honest, now i think it’s none of his business. maybe if he starts doing his homework about potential risk factors for his possible offspring…but what are the odds he’s even going to think about it?

I’d def tell before having children. And outside of that, I’d tell as soon as possible, but not any sooner… Probs not a very helpful answer lol

1 Like

I don’t know if I would like him to be the father of my potential child. And for sure I will listen to my psychiatrist. And true I would tell the guy if I want to get pregnant that I have SZ. We’ve had only few dates so far but I am just wondering…What if this, what if that?

2 Likes

I had my child before I knew I was sza. If I had known, I might not have had him. He turned out to have paranoid sz and he killed himself from suicide seven years ago.

better to be open about it now that the relationship is new…if you don’t tell him and wait for like longer it could end up really hurting you both. I hope he’s nice and doesn’t mind.

2 Likes

Why do you have to wait three years to have children?

I think he’s not my guy…

2 Likes

What just happened…???

1 Like

I don’t know…We had our 4th date and it was boring…He tried to kiss me the previous time and I pushed him away. I apologized saying it’s been a long time for me and I am too tensed. And today he didn’t try to kiss me. I guess I have scared him away…Gosh! I don’t know how to act with men if I am sober…

2 Likes

I think kissing is normal…!!!

1 Like

So do I…then why am I not doing it? :frowning:

1 Like

if I get big money I would like to marry

2 Likes

It’s not absolutely necessary to say it right away obviously, it’s like any other disease tell them whenever you want. But I think it’s better to say it sooner than later because if the person is judgemental you wouldn’t want to be with them anyways!

2 Likes

Hey btw I really only learned this recently when I brought it up in the first convo with a girl. I was kinda scared she was gonna judge me after that, but she didn’t! She didn’t care… all that worrying for nothing lol
We ended up chatting and things went great!

I think it’s easy to be afraid that people will judge you, that was one of my greatest fears when first found out I had schizoaffective. That I wouldn’t be able to find a significant other, but that’s not at all true!!! Don’t listen to those negative voices that tell you to be scared. Be brave! You will find true love whether it’s with this person or whether it’s not. But odds are they will like you even better for being honest with them and opening up, because it allows them to open up too

2 Likes

I would like to know because really early on it might scare them away, but late you feel like you wasted time. But if it is later they might like you enough to overlook it rather than early on they wouldn’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.