When i was young i killed some frogs

a while ago me and a few people caught this frog and cut it open while it was still alive with one of those plastic knives it smelled bad so we threw it over the fence and some dogs ate it

second time i was walking with my dad and there was a frog on the ground so i caught it and threw it in the air as high as i could

i was really young but i feel bad about killing these frogs i wonder if their deaths is why i have such bad luck

i think i am gonna try to catch some frogs around my house and give them good lives to make up for what i have done

5 Likes

that sounds like a good idea

5 Likes

My cousin and I caught some big frogs out behind their farm, then we went into the chicken coop and retrieved 4 eggs too.
In the kitchen we skinned the frogs fried them up with the eggs, we called it breakfast, 'cause we sure were hungry.
I think the frogs were ok with being breakfast, because we didn’t waste their life.

2 Likes

When I was a kid me and my friends were death on snapping turtles. We figured they were mean animals, and they didn’t deserve any pity. I feel kind of guilty about some of the snakes I have killed. I have no idea why.

2 Likes

how did the frogs taste

Just like they say, it taste just like chicken. Rattlesnake too, tiny chicken, but chicken nonetheless.

1 Like

Yeah I have a overwhelming sense of empathy and compassion for animals,
Maybe it’s because I can’t express my extreme circumstances to others.

2 Likes

When your a hungry kid and you have to fend for yourself, you do what you have to do to survive.

1 Like

Early teens have poor empathy generally. I kicked a couple frogs at my Grandpa’s place, pretty mean in retrospect. Don’t worry about retribution for that, I mean there are countless people who eat meat and live absolutely blessed lives.

1 Like

Gawd wants us to eat meat, otherwise he wouldn’t have made them so tasty.

1 Like

And I thought I was a hillbilly…haha

2 Likes

that’s terrible. Never kill frogs again! I love frogs so much.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have bad luck because of that, but maybe because of the way you can do something like that so easily

1 Like

It’s good that you feel bad about it now. Many young kids do things like that, because a sense of morality and empathy doesn’t develop in the brain until a certain age.

1 Like

aww poor frogs…me , my dad and my grandpa used to go “giggin frogs” they would get them in the flashlight at night and then gig them with a long fork…we ate all of the frogs we caught but I felt sorry for the frogs.

3 Likes

I feel bad cuz on Halloween it would say “take 1” or “take 2” and I’d take the whole bowl. Unless it was mounds cuz I didn’t like those. Or almond joy. I once pondered if this was karma for why I got schizophrenia. My sister taught me at a young age not to hurt animals. But never said anything about taking a whole bowl of candy!

2 Likes

How old were you when you killed those frogs @sigarino?

1 Like

i think it was around 5th grade for the first one and i was even younger when i killed the other one

1 Like

I’m thinking of reporting this to animal cruelty

2 Likes

Fifth grade is not that young.
This concerns me.
Please don’t torture or kill more animals.
Seek out help if you need it.

2 Likes