When does thinking become overthinking?

I get told that I overthink a lot. But when does thinking turn into overthinking? How can you tell?

When it constantly stops you doing stuff maybe?

3 Likes

When you always thinking about the worst outcome?

2 Likes

11236432_964286253665326_7698830120346842604_n

4 Likes

You keep me up all night with your constant thinking! Just thinking and thinking!

How can I keep you up all night if we are countries apart?

That’s how loud you think!

1 Like

I’m not sure if I think about worst outcomes or attempt to predict the future so I am prepared.

I can’t tell I am overthinking at the time but later I can look back and see I was overthinking.

1 Like

Do you like it when I think about Donald Trump?

Why would I like that?

1 Like

I have to think about this and get back to you

2 Likes

Can you actually hear my thoughts or are you joking?

I could ask you the same.

Kinda the same if you do artwork/writing/decorating of any kind, there comes a point when anything more you add to it, doesn’t make it any better.

The saying goes something like, the difference between great work and crap is knowing when to stop.

1 Like

Is this in reference to when I said I can hear my family’s thoughts about me?

Do you know why people tell that you think to much? Can you come with an example?

N. I don’t thinl I recall that

When I saw the psychiatrist, I thought he had hypnotised me and implanted suicidal thoughts to my brain so that he could test if I will actually go through with it. And that he wanted me to suffer and be overridden with guilt.

I told this to my GP and community psychiatric nurse and they said I am overthinking and misjudged the situation.

Why do you think that he hypnotise you? Is that something he said or something you felt while talking to him?