When does thinking become overthinking?

It’s hard to explain but I could feel it coming from him.

Then I told him I would actually do it and he was just like “okay goodbye then” .

I have similar experience that someone try to hypnotise me to and it is a scary feeling

Welcome to my world.

I guess if you dont want to think but thoughts keep coming.

I’m a great believer in the value of thinking. Who knows, maybe some day you will think of something of great value to humanity.

Could be when the basis of thinking moves away from being sensible recollection of the events and then distorts into delusion.

I guess my opinion on this is it should be determined by who ever is thinking… I mean it’s sort of insulting to tell someone they are thinking to much.

The underlying component is OCD… but in the case you mentioned you just fell delusional and you were either trying to rationalize it as real or find some way to dismiss you. It shows distrust of your psych.

Paranoia is probably a better label for it. Overthinking based on fear.

I get worn out on certain topics… and then keep thinking about them. If that isn’t over thinking I don’t know what is.

Everyone has obsessions though. The mind can’t sit idle and blank after all. We like to find things to fall back on in that void space.

Then again some people have an easier time just shutting their mind off and others are more easily satisfied with things like TV, music, or video games.

This post could be an example of me over thinking. Except I know I’ve thought jsut about all I need to on the subject and my mind will likely start wandering here in a minute once I’m done.

Taking things to seriously… That might be a better way to approach things. “Am I taking this too seriously?” "Is it that important?’ "“Why is it important?”

Approaching issues out of genuine curiosity is better than just seeking resolution as it provides greater understanding over cognitive issues than just finding escape ropes.

I think all of that is somewhat relevant. So I wouldn’t consider it overthinking.