What's your experience with Topamax, in regards to weight loss?

Tell me about Topamax.

I’ve read great things and terrible things.

My pdoc said if I didn’t lose weight this month after the Wellbutrin increase,

He’d put me on it to see if I can get this weight off.

You know, a family member took Topomax while she was studying for the law boards, and she passed with colors. She took it in hopes of breaking the cycle of getting up and eating during the night.

1 Like

When I took topamax, I was already borderline underweight, so this might not be what you’re looking for. But it gave me the shakes. Really bad shakes. Couldn’t hold a fork, couldn’t write by hand, etc. I dont remember anything else about it. My friend was recently prescribed a pill for weight loss that is basically a bit of undigestable fiber. She takes it prior to eating, then has a glass of water, and the fiber expands so she has less stomach space. Seems to have been helping her. Idk what it is called.

1 Like

I’ve been taking 200 mg of Topomax every evening and it didn’t help me lose weight at first. I lost 50 lbs. and have been keeping it off ever since I switched from oral Risperdal to Risperdal Consta injections.

I’m afraid to go off the Topomax because it has mood stabilizing properties. I actually take Topomax for migraines and it doesn’t do a good job. I still get daily headaches.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s been my experience with drugs too. Ultimately you won’t know how it affects you until you try it. Although I understand wanting to research it and get others opinions, I do that too.

How much weight do you need to lose, you don’t look fat in your pics.

I need to lose about thirty pounds,

I’d like to lose fifty.

1 Like

Well it is possible, good luck!. I’ve lost over 70lbs.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I’m sure I can do it,

Honestly, I haven’t tried that hard.

Need to double down and just do the diet.

1 Like