What's the nicest thing you've ever done?

That’s really sweet @Aziz
Do you generally get on well with her?

2 Likes

Yea but now I don’t write her cards anymore.

2 Likes

I love to get handwritten cards from my son. He gave me a drawing of a little critter called a pine martin for my birthday. I framed it and hung it in my apartment. It’s a treasure for us Mother’s.

5 Likes

I guess in San Francisco where there are a lot of hills, I helped this elderly man in a wheelchair to go to his nursing home.

3 Likes

I was driving through a shopping center and heard someone calling out to me. It was an older lady and she looked distressed so I parked and went up to her. She started talking in Spanish which I didn’t understand so I went into a nearby store and there was a young Mexican guy working there and I got him to come outside and interpret.

Turns out the sixty year old woman lived nearby and she had grocery shopped but the shopping cart was one of those new kind that the wheels automatically lock when it gets fifty feet from the store. So she had a cart full of groceries and no way to get them to her apartment and she wanted me to drive her. She seemed nice so I said “sure” and loaded her groceries in my trunk and drove her a few blocks to her apartment and unloaded the groceries inside. She was so grateful and tried to give me money but all I accepted was two bananas.

4 Likes

Hmm. . .

I Honestly Try My Best To Remain Positive In A World That Feels Chaotic.

I Have Some Very Gracious Memories. Beautiful And Imprinted In My Heart Forever.

I Never Forget Thank You’s.

1 Like

I put on a nice sweater.

:thinking:

4 Likes

When I used to work. I would give my luncheon vouchers to homeless people. They were 7€ and that way I was sure the person in casu was only able to use it for food.

2 Likes

Bought the nieghbour a new cooker for £400 and a 32 inch tv with a fire stick so she could cook and watch tv. And i topped up her electric meter and filled her freezer with food.

She flogged the lot for Crack :frowning:

3 Likes

I donate to the food bank

I’ve given an undisclosed amount. Sometimes I feel like it’s a lot and sometimes I feel like it’s not. It messes with my conscience

2 Likes

Some pretty corny stuff.

:100:

2 Likes

I gave away a bunch of food, clothes, toys and some tents to be sent to a refugee camp. I occasionally can be sporadic and donate about what I’d spend on a weeks shop for my family to foodbanks. I don’t know if that’s the nicest things I’ve ever done, and it was all pretty impulsive anyway. I try to be nice, even when people aren’t nice to me.

3 Likes

Let myself be used.

Maybe selfishly.

2 Likes

I knit scarves and neck-warmers for charity. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I rescued some baby raccoons who had fallen down the cliff, onto a big beach, in Nova Scotia, Canada. Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy has extremely high tides; highest in the world!

My family (my dad) used to own a really big house in Lower Blomidon, NS, and the house had a huge property with a woods, a prairie, a creek, and there was a huge beach.

Anyway, the tide was pretty far out, at the time, like a mile out. I had several hours to rescue the raccoon babies before the tide came up to the cliff side and drowned them. The cliff side would be very deep in water, soon.

So, I got a cat carrier (the plastic crate thing you use to transport your kitty), and I got some gloves (in case the baby raccoons tried to bite me, and also so I didn’t get my human scent on them).

I went back to the little cave/cubby in the cliff side where I found the raccoons. I put the 3 babies in the carrier, and then I brought them up to the prairie, close to where they must’ve tumbled over, but I let them out a good distance away from the cliff edge. That’s where I thought their mama would be.

All 3 babies ran in a specific direction, which I think was the direction of where their mama was waiting.

I felt really good that day. The tide, once it came back in, would’ve swallowed the cliff side and drowned the babies.

I hope they lived out good, happy, raccoon lives. :relaxed: :orange_heart:

:raccoon:

5 Likes

I surprised even myself yesterday.

I bought a large snack and water care package. For my ex’s ex, my oldest daughters stepmother. She just found out she has breast cancer.

So, I, thought she could have snacks and alkaline essential electrolyte water for visits or when she felt down.

Living with my ex was bad enough without getting cancer.

6 Likes

i bought my friend a carton of smokessss be4
lol he said definetly hes like 50 & kinda pooor lol
me too

2 Likes

A neighbourhood man was beating up his girlfriend, I walked in his house and ruffled him up and saved her until the police came and arrested him. Incredibly risky behavior on my part( could of been shot) but I just couldn’t help myself. A couple weeks later she was outside with police all beaten up. She had went back to her abuser and paid the price. Maybe my interference humiliated him so he took it out on her. If I had to do it over I would just of called police and not ruffed him up. It doesn’t pay to be the hero!

2 Likes

I helped a homeless man in the psych ward, I gave him a phone with a sim card. I invited him to the restaurant. Before that, I urged the hospital staff to help him take a bath. In my opinion he was going to regain his homeless status.

I also took in my cat who came from the shelter.

1 Like

Years ago use to live in shared houses, I moved in with a gal and her 4 year old daughter
To make a long story short mom was druggie and going down hill very fast, I moved out after one month, but kept going back to check and feed the daughter, I told the mom if she was going to party call me and I would come pick the daughter up at any time. A friend had a daughter the same age and I would arrange for them to play together. After several months of this the family finally stepped up after the mother passed of a overdose
It was sad to see the little girl go as she was a joy to look after, but I was losing touch with reality and ended in hospital, but I did my best to keep her safe and fed etc during a bad time

5 Likes