What's the highest level math course you've completed?

Cal 2 in high school. Though I was in the hospital for the AP exam so I will have to take Cal 1 and Cal 2 again in college.

What is your major? My civil engineering classes required me to take high level math. I didn’t finish my classes though. I took trig and logarithms. Never made it to calculus.

1 Like

My majors will me math and computer science. I will be in college this fall. Considering stopping my meds when I get there. I tell myself that’s a bad idea. Honestly calculus is easier that trig. The most important thing in trig is the unit circle, which you will need for calculus.

1 Like

That’s very cool :sunglasses:. I have an uncle who has a business degree but he is a math geek.

1 Like

Algebra 2 in highschool.

I was doing good with precalculus for engineering and science in college until my mom died and I dropped out. First test half the class failed and only 3 people got As and I was one of them. I overheard 2 guys saying they wondered who the third A was but I didn’t say anything.

1 Like

I was in the 8th grade when my mom got sick before she died. I went from making As to Ds and Fs. It was hard. I was 13.

I was so unpopular in high school that I had to make good grades. It was something no one could take from me.

Being unpopular is hard. I grew up thinking I was ugly and didn’t matter or measure up.

College physics I got an a minus in the class. That was back when I was smart

2 Likes

I remember being smart. I really miss it.

I made an A in engineering physics but in high school we studied vectors and I just didn’t get vectors. I think I got a D in that class.

1 Like

I was studying to be an electrical engineer

2 Likes

I want to study calculus based physics at community college someday. I never did physics, really. It’s one of the items on my bucket list.

2 Likes

Calculus I. It was miles away from what I needed for a Meteorology degree but enough to get a Associate’s in History. But now that I’m no longer chasing my twin’s shadow that is of little concern to me.

1 Like

It is essentially math logic. Set theory, boolean algebra, modular arithmetic. Computer Science often encourages Discrete.

1 Like

The only reason I did so well in that class was because I got tutoring. The teacher stayed an hour after class.

1 Like

I made it through two years of engineering mathematics, but failed the third year. I couldn’t wrap my head around Fourier analysis. This was years before I developed sz.

2 Likes

Algebra I, I think. I could’ve gone much further, but my social phobia forced me to drop out of college early. I liked math then, I like it more now and would like to return to studying it someday, probably through Khan Academy.

1 Like

I like maths. As i worked as a baker i calculated basic maths. The amount of dough and ingredients.
I am not good at chemistry and languages.
When i learned economics i had no problems with maths either. I think i could selfteach maths, but its to late for me now.

1 Like

i was great at maths up until i took an advanced maths course in grade 10 and the teacher was super fast and i have slow processing speed so i fell behind. then i gave up on maths and barely passed senior maths because i didn’t study i just slept in class and drew pictures. i told myself i wasn’t naturally good at maths. i did a statistics course in university for psychology and got a distinction. i think what i said about myself being born to be bad at maths during school was rubbish and now i am teaching myself maths with the dummies books. i am starting with pre-algebra and basic maths. i am going through all the maths dummies books and maybe teach myself basic physics as well. just because i want to prove myself wrong that i was born to be bad at maths just because i got a bad grade once. i want to get my masters to become a librarian. and i can learn a lot in that career or speciality. but maybe one day i can study a degree in maths or physics. it was actually my high school dream to study physics until i gave up on maths.

1 Like

I took trig as part of my civil engineering classes. I didn’t go any further than that bc I didn’t finish all the classes.

1 Like

Up to GCSEs, which are exams done when 16 in secondary school in the UK. There’s are two papers calculator and non calculator. I’ve forgotten everything now.