How were you at Maths?

I was ok at arithmetic and algebra but sucked at geometry and trigonometry. I sucked at the latter two because of my poor spatial skills.

2 Likes

I was very good at math in high school - especially Algebra and loved it a lot too =)

2 Likes

Terrible. I’ve always hated math. Pre-calculus was my least favorite of all. It took me three tries to pass it!!

3 Likes

I wasn’t brilliant at math but I could tell a hawk from a handsaw. I particularly liked calculus.
I excelled in physics but completely sucked at chemistry.

3 Likes

Good at it - decent grades in analysis and trig - but I didn’t enjoy it.

3 Likes

I was always actually pretty good at math. I always got A grades all throughout childhood, adolescence and college. But, I didn’t think I was any good at it. Like a lot of women and girls in those days, I held myself back when it came to math. I don’t know why we did it but, we did.

4 Likes

.#NerdAlert :nerd:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I was no good at it.

I’ve always had attention problems so the long problems felt impossible to me. I’d always make carless mistakes that ruin the whole thing. But Geometry was a lovely change for me. I was great at that. But my current mind would probably suck at it. A few years ago I got much better at quick multiplying and adding in my head, but I lost that. : /

1 Like

I was always just awful at Math (All my life)

2 Likes

I was terrible at math and science, my highest SAT score for math in 2013 was 680. I have always struggled with math and sciences which use symbolic languages/terminology (Chemistry, Physics etc). I always did well in English with a few exceptions. Overall, I am an average student, nothing special here. And with Sz I have certainly lost a few IQ points, maybe ten or more.

1 Like

I remember there was a time where I was early into my illness and was still getting high grades but I felt like the dumbest kid in the world in chemistry class. Though the disorder was definitely affecting me a bit when it came to labs.

1 Like

Pretty solid at math (scored 4 on the AP AB Calculus exam). Chemistry was the real BANE of my existence, though. I did so badly at it.

1 Like

I got a D+ in AP CALC AB and got like a 1 on the exam. I took it just to challenge myself, and I was certainly challenged.

1 Like

I suck at it and I hate it, along with physics and chemistry. Now I have to go back to basics with Luka and nobody asks me how I feel. :pensive:

1 Like

How do you feel about going back to basics?
Are you going to be ok?? :joy:

1 Like

Perhaps I’ll survive but the journey won’t be pleasant.

1 Like

Don’t forget to stop and smell those Algebra "roses"
:joy:

2 Likes

I’ve always been very good at math, which is strange for a biology person. I scored in the 99th percentile on the math portion of the ACT (Midwestern version of the SAT), did well at it in college while I was an engineering major those first two years, but I always found it incredibly boring. That’s why I ended up hating chemical engineering so much, why I found it so dreadfully boring - chem eng is just math with a chemistry background. I was very strong in chemistry, but never wanted to be a chemist.