What would you do?

It’s a tragedy. We are staying with a relative right now, and they have a big ant problem. The ants got into my pill box and are all over my meds! I don’t have enough to just throw out the meds and start over, so it looks like I’m going to have to suck it up and take the ant pills. Would you be able to stomach doing that?

1 Like

Yeah I’d brush them off and do it. Aborigines eat certain ants over here and I’m not sure they’d leave much behind so that is just me.

1 Like

Yeah, I could manage that. I don’t think they carry disease that much.

2 Likes

I would just brush off the ants. After you’ve done that, can you put your meds in a zip lock bag to prevent a second ant intrusion?

3 Likes

Someone once told me that to get rid of ants, peel some oranges and place the peels around the infested areas. The ants love the stuff, and will carry bits of it back to the hive.
BUT
It’s a slow acting poison for them, so after a few days most of them will die.

3 Likes

Close your eyes and quickly down the pills with a big glass of water. Think pleasant thoughts when doing so, don’t think of ants.

4 Likes

I’ve eaten ants before, nothing to worry about from my side. Lol.

Sorry ninja dude.

1 Like

You can call poison control, and ask how many pills it takes to bring down a belligerent body of ants. There are probably ants in my house who are no longer depressed drones because they eat them.

I guess that wouldn’t hurt. I’d take them.

1 Like

Yeah, I would just clean them off and take them too. It would be different if you had mice or rats chewing on your pills but I think you can get away with some ants.

1 Like

you could dip the pills in pure alcohol before taking, (not isopropyl) but like vodka or everclear, not for recreational purposed as your not drinking it just using it to sterilize the pills, it may not be necessary as i dont believe ants could having anything on them that is dangerous but alcohol is pretty much the best way to sterilize anything and kill bacteria and stuff

1 Like

Omfg yeah these ants are probably sleeping GREAT!

1 Like

I’d just brush them off and take the pills.

1 Like

Maybe, there are actually ppl who love eating ants. Some fry insects with eggs.

1 Like

They even have ice cream, cakes and bread made with insects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.