What would you change about this site?

Probably. Where do you see it?

1 Like

Preferences under profile pic where you can change your pic it’s below

Yup, new feature. And, in case you’re wondering, mods can’t see it, so it’s private. We can only see last used IP and registration IP, and not the device you used. Which is good, considering paranoia and such.

4 Likes

I’d like it if you hovered the mouse over a topic’s headline, you could see a preview of the topic

3 Likes

I’d like a night mode for the site. All of the extensions I’ve tried make everything look super weird and just not natural.

Not. One. Thing.

This site is awesome as it is.

1 Like

i’d have a new members area with helpful informative videos about there illnesses, also easily digestible text about it as well, the homepage is just a wall of text that would put you off wanting to know about it for life,

videos are more personal and easier to digest and you can pause/rewind etc, i think it would make the site more user friendly and give insight for people looking for answers.

i would also have a section for free ebooks and maybe a section to feature blogs for members.

2 Likes

Not quite a change but like @insidemind says, I would really like a dating section to be added to this forum @SzAdmin. The dating sites for mental illness is crap, as FB groups!

1 Like

I’m completely happy with what the site has to offer right now and the mods are excetlent !!

2 Likes

More cowbell.

:blush:

4 Likes

Oh ew,
We have enough drama stirred up on this stie as is,
Could you imagine having to filter through all the (ex) lovers quarrels?

Thanks, but no thanks,
Relationships are best when kept private (discreet) on not online-
It’s pretty unsettling to have to witness the uglies that people can be reduced to with intimate things best left out of forums.

1 Like

One thing most schizophrenics have in common is loneliness and understanding. I think it’s great to try and/or embed it into a forum with active moderators and guidelines. I don’t know if you’re active on a mentally ill dating website or FB group… There, it’s a real mess. I think it’s a good thing meeting your possible other half on a regulated forum without the drama that social media causes.

1 Like

I’m currently on OkCupid but I don’t message anyone. I’ve been on the mentally ill dating websites and such and they all suck.

1 Like

What always bothers me is when someone anonymizes their account. I get them all mixed up and I like it better when I know who I’m talking to. It’s easy to get all those anonymous posters mixed up. I don’t have any ideas that would work better though.

1 Like

From the forum guidelines:

It wouldn’t hurt if they showed more skin. :blush:

Uh, that’s gonna be a tough sell with Mrs. Pixel!!! :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t like that when I login and start to read posts it very obviously says schizophrenia.com on top. I don’t want others knowing I’m on this site.

2 Likes

Yes. The SZ inside the word bubble is much preferable.

Paging @SzAdmin

3 Likes

Seconded! I use the app at work sometimes and it’s quite visible on my phone. I’m always nervous about someone catching a glimpse over my shoulder.

And my IP changes every time since I use the TOR browser.