How could this site be improved?

It’s a good site but even good sites can be better. Constructive comments please .

5 Likes

They (sz.com) integrate one popular pdoc…and counsellor. .so we can call him everytime we like…take care tim…have a wonderful day ahead.

3 Likes

A welcome/introductory forum where new posters can introduce themselves to the community.

4 Likes

That would be a heavy workload for the person(s) concerned. Nice in theory but impractical?

3 Likes

maybe have a game…

2 Likes

A lot of forums have a games forum. It’s a good way of relaxing and taking a little time off from the illness. Not sure how it would work with sz.com’s 10/15 character posting rule though. Perhaps an exception could be made for such a forum.

2 Likes

"How could this site be improved?"
two new categories: “Nature” and “Recently Tamed Animals”

3 Likes

What about a chat room?

1 Like

@sirBoring being promoted to moderator!!

Or co-admin!!

2 Likes

I think that would require a lot of dedication and person power to moderate. I think the reason sz.com stopped chat was because it had become something of a free for all and sz.com’s equivalent of the Wild West .

5 Likes
  1. a person’s first 5 posts should be moderated. This will significantly reduce spam, which disrupts threads.

2. new member introductions forum. Currently, new members join and post in various forums, often going unnoticed.

3. chat. This is not as difficult to moderate with new chat software that has many filters: https://www.arrowchat.com/features/

4. donations to website. There’s been times when I wanted to make a financial donation to the website, but couldn’t find a direct PayPal link

5. micro grants. These would be small grants up to $500 for members with an unexpected expense. An application would have to be filed and vetted. The website can apply for 501©(3) tax status.

6. a games forum. Schizophrenia can be a ‘heavy’ disorder, so members would have the opportunity to do something fun.

5 Likes

isn’t 1) already implemented?

I don’t believe so, but @Ninjastar can let us know if the first 5 posts are moderated before they post on the forums.

Agree with 2. Have my doubts about 3. Agree with 4. How would 5 be funded? Agree with 6.

Maybe it could be done if mods can view the chat without being visible to others? Then people would have to follow the rules all the time. :blush:

1 Like

No, they are not. Many new members are picked up by the systems spam filter, and that typically means their first few posts will all have to be approved by the moderators. But generally, people can post whatever they want from the get-go. There’s a lot of spam that never reaches the forum, though. :wink:

4 Likes
  1. many websites are already using arrowchat…all of those filters make it easy to moderate
  2. would be funded by 4)

I think it’s great the way it is. Why mess with success?

3 Likes

I think also the forum is fine the way it is, there is already chat rooms on IRC for schizophrenia and we have the private message feature

2 Likes

I like a lot of @kindness 's ideas. I would also like to be able to anonymously donate or buy the artwork/music/poetry collections (talking to you @everhopeful, @Goyankees ) to support the creative members on the forum. I don’t know the technical aspects of making that possible, though.

Maybe also a permanent pet section lol. I think a steady stream of pet pics and pet stories would help reduce stress of the sz/a’s effects on us. It might also be nice for those on the forum who can’t have a pet for whatever reason. Like, I’d be able to select “Pets” from the list of categories (i.e. lounge, sz/a, diagnosed-other, Pets)

3 Likes