What word do you find most important to overcome mental illness?

Fortitude- Courage in pain or adversity

Perseverance- Persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.

Toughness- Strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough or careless handling.

Grit- Courage and resolve; strength of character.

Drive- An innate, biologically determined urge to attain a goal or satisfy a need.

• Fortitude
  • Perseverance
  • Toughness
  • Grit
  • Drive

0 voters

3 Likes

Hope💜

Faith n hope that things can get better.

3 Likes

Two more,
Compassion and forgiveness.

4 Likes

Beatles. Clips of them on YouTube always cheers me up.

3 Likes

Perseverance is important. An attitude of gratitude is important too. I try to be thankful for things most people take for granted. I am alive, in mostly good physical health, I have a place to live, I have food to eat, I have family, I have all my limbs, etc.

4 Likes

Out of those words, Perseverance for sure. I don’t have extraordinary grit or ambition or anything over the top like that. I just get up each day and do what I have to do that day.

3 Likes

Ignorance.

You don’t know how close normal is. You just know how normal you don’t feel.

Your journey is probably going to be a long one. But you might find that the address you’re trying to find is in walking distance in your own neck of the woods.

You might think… well what was all that fuss for? I’m only this little bit from where I was before.

1 Like

I’m pretty much the same way. I do tend to stop and smell the roses more now that I’m older. I appreciate myself more.

Out of those five words I’d say perseverance is my favourite. So often I give up when my motivation is low.

I like the word hope too.

1 Like

Hope.

I also read a lot about gene therapy that looks promising for us MD folks. When it comes to my mental health AND my physical disability, hope is so important, as well as fortitude.

One day, we’ll find a cure. For both of us.

2 Likes

My word choice is winning, of course :smile:

1 Like

Humility

Humility

1 Like

All of them play a role I feel tbh

1 Like

Honestly, the thing that got be through most of my really bad times was pure spite. I knew everyone thought I was a lost cause who was going to die anonymously in an alley somewhere, and I couldn’t stand to let those jerks be right.

4 Likes

Humour and perseverance.

You have to be able to smile through the b-llshit.

2 Likes

Can I have three? “Winning, tiger blood.”
Thank you ladies and germs, I’ll be here all night.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.