How have you learned to never give up

I had sz for over 26 years now, and I haven’t given up. What keeps you from giving up.

4 Likes

family friends and lovers. other then that the arts drive my car fast.

3 Likes

The constant sz setbacks are a frustrating problem for me. When they are bad I will give up for a couple of days, but then get back into the fight. Family are what gets me back on track. I feel like my resolve is lasting less and less each time though, the setbacks are becoming more frequent, and my returning resolve is lessened each time, like I’m wearing thin.

It is probably a medication issue for me, I think the ap I am on has slowly stopped being effective. But with my mild delusions it can be hard to tell sometimes, and harder to act on it as I head down the spiral.

1 Like

For me I realized I’d rather die trying rather than just roll over and accept it.

I’ll break myself as many times as I need to to get to my goals

2 Likes

Resilience, I bounce back really quickly

2 Likes

I haven’t. I often give up on projects, sometimes on people. But I don’t give up on hoping it can get better. It’s not something I’ve learned though, maybe it is innate.

2 Likes

I gave up a long time ago.

I think it’s because I’ve always been an athlete.

not one race I didn’t finish.

5 Likes

I don’t give up cause i know that if you give up you will just come back to this world and will have to fight those struggles again till you accept life as it is and eventually join the one then.
I also feel a lot of support from my parents and family and i wouldn’t want them to be left behind because i gave up.

3 Likes

I’m the same. I don’t give up and I think it’s just a good survival instinct.

2 Likes

Sorry its so hard on you @anon21849028. Ive gone through phases where i gave up. I started sleeping a lot or just staying in bed. Eventually someone’s compassion wakes you up again or a medication makes you feel better.

The best advice i ever got about mental illness came from my brother in law. He said today youre down, tomorrow youll be back up. And when youre up, youll come back down again. Thats life.

3 Likes

Exactly how I feel, and couldn’t have said it any better.

Somehow I still push on. I do not do well with free time, so working is very important to me.

Mindset 1121212122

My psychotic symptoms (and prominent depression) started 26 years ago, when I was 15. Giving up is not an option, as far as I am concerned. I’ve been hanging in there and battling this ■■■■ for too long just to give up now.

2 Likes

İ m not strong person.i m living for my wife.my only love with me for 22 years.

4 Likes

My father taught me to Never give up. Even in the face of absolute hopelessness. Unfortunately.

And that is why I almost never gave up on my ex husband. It’s why I won’t give up on my current partner. And it’s why I can’t give up on my piano. Woe is me!

1 Like

I’ll keep fighting because I know that in the long run giving up is harder than to keep fighting.

I strive for perfection and overcoming my limits.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.