What time of day do you normally poop?

I admit it’s an odd question but I was just wondering if everyone usually poops in the morning but if there are people who poop in the afternoon or early evening I wonder if they sleep better at night.

I seem to be stuck in a pattern where I will poop at around 7am most days but by the time nighttime comes my bowels are full and I usually wake at like 2am feeling constipated and don’t sleep well the rest of the night.

I wonder if I can retrain my bowels to go in the afternoon or early evening so that I will sleep better at night. If I sleep well my sz symptoms and inflammation are way better the next day.

Seems to make a lot of sense in my case. I can check the difference with my Fitbit to see if I will average more hours of sleep over a months time. I can take Miralax and more dietary fiber to stimulate my bowels during afternoons to help establish a new (and hopefully better) pattern.

1 Like

It’s way TMI !.. :tired_face: 165555555555

But I’ll answer your post since I know you are a valued member.

I usually go everyday in the mornings around 11am or in the early afternoons around noon.

Although I haven’t been regular the last couple of days :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Why not both? I poop when I wake up, and again in the evening.

2 Likes

I just poop when I feel like it

Plus way to much information man

1 Like

TMI post, lmao.

But, usually whenever I’ve had coffee (which is often morning and late afternoon to early evening).

1 Like

And here I thought literally everything had been discussed here up until now. I poop whenever the urge comes.

2 Likes

Well here goes…(pun intended)

If I have coffee then in the morning.
If not, then usually a while after eating lunch.

I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and only just recently gotten to where I can go only 1 time a day. For a few years it was always right after i ate. When you don’t have a gallbladder the fluid is constantly released into your digestive tract…the gall fluid is basically lubricant for your intestines. When you eat more is released so everything moves faster.

1 Like

I… I think maybe you should ask your gp? They are more equipped to deal with this kind of issue.

Idk, maybe try and go before you go to bed?

1 Like

You can’t rely on Miralax every day. I don’t know if it would work to train your body into going at a different time. Maybe there are foods you can cut out or add that will help you go?

Before Latuda I went after most meals. Now I only go in the morning when I wake up.

Sleep is really important. I hope you can get it figured out.

3 Likes

Hey guess what? I just woke up :man_facepalming: jk

1 Like

Coffee does it for me too.

2 Likes

You aren’t going to sell my information to the evening news are you?

3 Likes

I usually go in the evening but sometimes I go out in which case I eat to much or too greasy food and sometimes need to go earlier in the day but not always like sometimes Tim Hortons or McDonalds. Seriously.

1 Like

I’m an AM shitter

But can pop one out in the evening too if my bowels so desire

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Can we please change the subject? This is grossing me out. Can we have a discourse on the consistency and color of snot and pus instead?

1 Like

Get blueberries a cup full of them and you’ll poop easy

1 Like

Whenever I need a ■■■■

2 Likes

Every morning, after coffee

1 Like

I poop 2-5 times a day, usually once in the morning and twice in the evening!

I heard that ideally, you should poop as many time as you eat throughout the day.

So 3 meals = 3 poops. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize there was so much variation in this (ahem) area and my apologies to grossing anyone out.

I wonder if there have ever been studies showing if morning defecators have more problems with constipation, have higher inflammation markers and/or possibly poorer sleep quality. I do think it’s another good knob for me to tweak on my sz radio lol.

1 Like