What subculture were you part of when you were young?

Hey guys, as above, i was part of the goth scene, good time, clubbing every week!

5 Likes

I don’t fall into a group that well but maybe ‘loner’ or loner at heart?

1 Like

Oh darlings I’ll leave you two to reminisce.

1 Like

I’ll go a step further a flesh out the scene for me. In summer before ninth grade I was the only boy cut from the soccer team.

Like I was made an example of. Had no one to sit with at lunch as it was a new school with kids from all over the county.

Was too embarrassed to seek out clubs. Found solace eventually on the track and field team.

I’m fast as hell or was; but got called Forrest Gump, I eventually figured out.

I had symptoms dating far back, and Can laugh now. Kids are mean.

1 Like

Lol dude do you have a marshmallow as your profile picture?

1 Like

It’s a ghostbusters reference. He’s otherworldly; not meant for this world, and doesn’t exactly make it to the end of the movie.

I deliberately chose him, to make people accept me more. Like it puts people at ease if I can laugh at his properties in stepping on.cars and not realizing; etc etc… I really am happy with him you could say.

1 Like

Actually Mr. Stay Puft worked for me looking backward those attributes I listed were rationalizations looking back. Got confused and had a senior moment while actually wanting The Pillsbury Dough Boy

1 Like

The ‘totally rejected’ subculture. Was seen as off key/weird several years before overt signs of mental illness . I think if a boy had been at the school who projectile vomited stinking turds he’d have been less rejected than me. The bullying and rejection when young is very common for those of us later found to be on the autism spectrum. If you then become mentally ill you’re all too often confronted by a mental health system that has a marked antipathy towards you . It’s par for the course that those with a late dx of ASD who are psychiatric patients have a history of negative and hostile responses from psych services.

7 Likes

I was an acrobat, Tennessee twirlers, music, and who’s who among high school scholars.

4 Likes

Sending you hugs, @firemonkey ! :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you @JustTrish

2 Likes

I was a skater for a few years then became a metal head and then a stoner

3 Likes

I consider you one of the group! Just keep being you!

2 Likes

I kind of fit into a few scenes during youth. I’m 25, so I’m hardly outside of youth. The last scene I was involved in was the electro music scene based in North West England (Manchester).

1 Like

I had a few friends, but probably a loner in high school.

1 Like

Loner
Metal
Dope
Rave
but I actually hated the last one I was already paranoid as hell

3 Likes

I wasn’t part of a subculture but I also used to party every weekend ! I was the shy type though.
also I loved riding horses !

2 Likes

Rave
Punk
Goth
Renaissance

Depended on the place and proper attire, those were all before the age of 20

5 Likes

I was part of the totally rejected dumb weird subset of people that no body wanted to interact with. People always thought I was dumber then them and that I was weird. This was because I was always in the lowest set of classes with the kids that couldnt be taught. I had no friends through out primary and secondary school. I did how ever click with some students in year 7 but that quickly subsided when they started acting funny with me.

2 Likes

Was you clever in school or were you dumb I was all those things but I was dumb aswell never popular at all.

1 Like