What’s your thought on medication?

• 1.I like psych medication,it’s helpful to me
  • 2.I am neutral towards psych medication
  • 3.I don’t like psych medication,if can I rather don’t take it
  • 4I have no idea of psych medication

0 voters

I’m on such a low dose as I’m heavily sedated on olanzapine but boy do I get a good nights sleep :joy: doesn’t help with my voices but i think it’s a fair trade

4 Likes

My thoughts are that meds are a great help and essential to control my sza

but I want to take the lowest dose possible and I’m not very med compliant as a result

4 Likes

My life was hell before medication. While I do believe that certain people with serious mental illness may be able to function at an OK level off of medication, I do not believe they can have the same quality of life as a regular person unless they take medication.

2 Likes

My thoughts are that I don’t like not knowing what this chemical is doing in my body.

At the same time if I will have to stay on it for life I will hope for DA best.

And yea yea gratitude for its ‘ability’ to work on my voices

3 Likes

Really like my Risperidone. But I’ll wean off in the next 5-10 years because BPD symptoms tend to ease with age as far as I know. But yeah, I’m pretty thankful.

Meds saved my life and other’s life. I act like a crazy criminal without them.

1 Like

I love all my meds because they have all made my life tolerable and liveable. I’d probably be dead without them.

2 Likes

I loathe and despise ap meds, I can’t wait for a med that doesn’t cause massive weight gain.

I don’t like the side effects but I have to be on meds or I will go bananas!

3 Likes

I hate medication. If i had a do over in life i would never start using it. I cant do without anymore, but it made me sensitive to psychosis and ruined my personality.

I went off meds and had something like a crisis… so I’m back on them but I want to get off again. I’m curious if I’ll have another depressive/psychotic crisis although I’ve started dry intermittent fasting and I hope it can help whenever I get off meds.

1 Like

I’ve had such trouble with them but they do seem to work when they do.

1 Like

If you go off your meds again, there is a very high probability that you will become psychotic.

2 Likes

My thought is that antipsychotics are very good for controlling acute psychosis - positive symptoms - for most but not all people. But, I don’t think they do much for the long term course of the disease.

I think that my problems could have been worked out without medication, but now that I am on them I am dependent on them and I can’t get off. I’ve tried it. It doesn’t work.

1 Like

For me the med’s are a necessary evil.

1 Like

If you had a crisis after stopping meds you will have another crisis if you restop meds. You might end up killing yourself and maybe other ppls too.

I tried 3 times to quit and was very close to kill myself.

I Think zyprexa makes me calmer, but ive built tolerance to it over time.

1 Like

I hate taking meds because my voices very meanly tell me to take my meds. They are so mean about everything that I hate respecting them by taking meds.

2 Likes