What medication(s) are you on?

you know what’s kinda funny, I’ve been thinking about going off my meds because “there not working anyway” but you just made me realize how bad it was before and how far I’ve come. What was I thinking? Of course I have to stay on my meds. I don’t want to wind up in the hospital of dead. So thank you for asking the question. I hope it helped you too!

5 Likes

Oh my god! No need to thank me at all. I’m so glad you came to that conclusion. We usually don’t realise how much our medications are helping us, until we look back at how it was before them. I guess Lexapro is helping a bit. I’m not as severily suicidal anymore, even though I still am suicidal. So yes, it did help me to think that way too! :smiley:

what is your diagnosis, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

My psychiatrist told me just a few days ago that I am “possibly” schizophrenic. I don’t have that diagnosis yet, but I am psychotic, according to many psychiatrists. I am being sent to the psychosis clinic very soon to be diagnosed with schizophrenia. Apart from that, I am diagnosed with dysthymia, PTSD, ADHD, social phobia, OCD and anorexia. What are your diagnoses?

@tera, sorry to disappoint you! But is that any tablet cover the olanazapine??

I have schizoaffective disorder

edit: I have been diagnosed with PTSD, panic disorder, GAD, SAD, Bipolar, rapid cycling cyclothymia, dysthymia, major depressive and BPD in my lifetime

2 Likes

Latuda 120 mg and trazodone 100 mg

1 Like

what was the question?

I’m on 500 mg depakote. I haven’t been on it that long…only about a week. But I have been pretty normal lately. No more mood swings…my anxiety has been a lot less…etc. I’m still irritable and still get depressive thoughts like I don’t know if life is worth it anymore…weirdly I am also not really getting psychotic symptoms lately either. It’s probably too early on for it to be actually doing anything though. I do have stable patches even when off medication too so that’s probably what this is.

1 Like

Is it bipolar type or another mood disorder?

Any tablet in place of olanazapine.??

I googled your medication and it says it’s for bipolar disorder or seizures. Which of the mentioned diseases are you treated for if I may ask? :slight_smile:

I don’t know, they didn’t say and I haven’t read anything from my file. I think bipolar, because my diagnosis was bipolar with psychosis

1 Like

Schizoaffective bipolar type. He recommended I try haldol as an AP but I go through periods where I get sick of APs and need to take a break from them.

My psychosis is not always extreme. It actually tends to be fairly mild as long as certain circumstances are avoided. It’s the mood element for me that can get out of control and very dangerous at the drop of a hat, so I am more concerned with treating that.

1 Like

oh! I see. Yes the rexulti and saphris

Oh, okay. You have a right to know though, if you want to, of course. How old are you if I may ask?

I am not a psychiatric but telling you that you are taking each medicine to control for every emotions,. But root of schizophrenia is control by olanazapine. It is my experience.

Oh, alright! It’s good that you have such a good insight in what you need and don’t need and how your disorder is affecting you. You can go far with that!

1 Like

I’m 50 years old, been ill since teens. Self medicated most of my life though.

1 Like

Oh I see, I’ll check into that. Thank you!

1 Like