What keeps you on surface?

This could’ve been written by me a few years ago. Things change, believe me.

3 Likes

I hope so.
I just found a good quote…some guy Brennan Manning.

Real freedom is freedom from the opinions of others. Above all,freedom from your opinions about yourself.

1 Like

Great quote, but tough to handle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like every quote lol :))

1 Like

What keeps me afloat? I don’t know. It’s not religion (I’m an atheist), it’s not small pleasures of life (I’m deprived of any sort of feelings right now, I can’t enjoy anything), it’s not love or passion etc. I guess I’m simply resilient and patient to wait for a cure, however long that may take.

2 Likes

What keeps me alive is my belief in God and my love for my husband. Also the pleasure of reading books :slight_smile:

1 Like

I stick around because the next thing might be good.

6 Likes

Despite all my cynicism I wish I had a faith in God. I mean, I’m not an atheist but I just can’t make sense of faith confronted to all the tragedies happening every day. The highest instance of believing is when you love a God for himself and not because you are afraid that otherwise you’ll be next in the wheel of misfortune or you gonna end in hell.
If I can’t be genuine in my faith I’m not going to be a hypocrite either.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. Really, thank you :sparkling_heart:
So much smart cookies around here!

1 Like

I have struggled with this one. I don’t have a religion, but I do have faith. I was told that God loves us too much to take away our free will, even when we use it to hurt ourselves and others. It helps explain some of the suffering, but not the stuff that happens because of natural disasters and such things.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t explain so many things. Like, why would he take away a mother of four kids? Because he loved her too much?

I do believe that the Universe as the whole is existing for some purpose…I believe in too many things that are illogical but to me they make sense… But if being a believer means to leave the critical mind and accept everything with ’ god knows the best’ i am rather staying cynical and desperate.

I mean, I just cannot do anything else.

1 Like

I don’t have faith in God either, but I do believe he has faith in me

I can’t feel a God except as a distant and threatening force that can take away from me what I love the most just because He wants so.

1 Like

Maybe there is no god and we’re all just bitching about a character in a book.

Too controversial?

1 Like

Not at all. But notice we talk about faith so the thread wouldn’t become a platform for god defenders and we all go to jail. :smiling_face:

1 Like

All right I’ll keep my thoughts to myself in the spirit of the unlocked thread

1 Like

There’s a book with Pulitzer award… God: A biography. Can’t remember of author.
It has never been translated in any of south Slavic languages.

People just disappear. Just in this week I heard that one person whom I knew died to melanoma, I saw him in the end of the last winter, he was the one who told me not to keep a list of people who died in my surroundings, we can not do anything about it, but we must live as long as possible. My list of people who had died included names of 25 people.

I just want to say…this summer night smells so good. Have you ever felt the scent of a summer night? :night_with_stars:
Feels good :relieved:

5 Likes

@Sarad I keep going because this is not my life I lead but God’s life He has given me? I don’t know what’s to come, thinking back I can see a lot of times that bad things happened to me I became stronger. I hope you can beat your addictions. I thought you were clean? no matter. Just do what you can do every day and one day it will get easier. I promise.

1 Like