What is Your religious delusions(triggering)

Sometimes I think God is speaking to me. Also I think I am going to be the forth most powerful being in this universe. I know that is delusional now.

2 Likes

I thought I was jesus reborn once during psychosis…I came here and found plenty of others had similar. It’s like the line from the Dire Straits song…" Two people think they are Jesus. One of them must be wrong "

6 Likes

I never thought that god was actually speaking to me. But I thought I saw signs from God. I also thought that he could talk through other people.

1 Like

I also thought I was a prophet or combination of the prophets and that I might “become God”. I also thought it was my destiny to kill Satan with an angel.

3 Likes

I thought I had a pure heart,
Years after getting normal,
I got to know a famous person quoted,
“I am a sinner.”
Thought about it, and it made sense.

Edit…Moved to Unusual beliefs.

1 Like

I though, and sometimes still think, that the devil would come collect my soul if I paid him any thought or mentioned his name.

That “American Christianity” is actually just a capitalist plot to infiltrate the government and take away the rights of women and minorites so they can more easily control and enslave everyone. That it’s pure evil incarnate and it feeds on those it enslaves, growing bigger and more evil until it destroys the entire planet.

1 Like

I used to have this delusion very strongly for many years. Seroquel and the members of this forum helped me get rid of it.

I’m not religious and I never had religious delusions or thoughts.

I used to believe Satan was telling me what I had to do and say. I did it out of fear. I thought he would hurt my daughter if I didn’t. It was really hard on me. Medication took that away. It just didn’t stop the men and they’re friends from following and recording me

1 Like

That I’m a divine being trapped in a human body. Stuck to the same abilities and limitations as any other human.

When I die a natural death I will become ascended again. Restored to my godhood.

Voices of angels don’t help when they call me things like “prophet” “chosen” “Bodhisattva”.

I still have issues on my level of insight into that one.

1 Like

It was all about eternal hell, alone.

I had to counteract those delusions by coming up with a positive afterlife belief set

1 Like

it was an internal struggle (and external) between God & Satan, i didnt think i’d survive.

I have a recurring delusion that all of my ancestors and also recently passed relatives are watching me, every second.

• Having sex? They’re watching… (and judging)
  • On the toilet? They’re watching… (and judging)
  • Trying to pick a painful booger without access to a Kleenex? They’re watching… (and judging)

I felt like I was constantly being judged and that when I die, they’d give me crap for everything they saw me do…

Other than that, before I was diagnosed (and “Jack Mormon”), I would feel like I sinned… So I would go open my Book of Mormon to a random page. I felt like God was guiding me to a specific passage. So, I’d read a random paragraph and I’d suddenly be so enlightened. I thought God was talking to me though random Mormon scripture.

1 Like

I thought I was some sort of prophet. Luckily, I’ve ridden myself of that delusion. It is hard for me to believe I actually thought that was real now.

1 Like

That I am nothing but a fool, jehovas fool.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.