What is your favorite book that you have read/

My favorite book I have read is “The Center Cannot Hold”, by Elyn Sacs.

4 Likes

‘First Person Singular’ By Haruki Murakami, which are just short stories. And my favourite book of a specific genre is ‘Metro 2033’ by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

1 Like

Currently I’ve too many books to choose from. I’ve the first book of the ‘Otherland’ Series by Tad Williams, I’ve the first book of ‘The Wheel of Time’ Series by Robert Jordan and also the first three books on the story of World of Warcraft.

I’m somehow totally overwhelmed by making a choice, I started to read in all of them but it’s too many, need to focus on mostly one or two.

1 Like

3 Likes

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.

2 Likes

I liked the alchemist from Paulo coelho. I also really enjoyed Sophie’s world from gaarder.

In the self-help section I enjoyed ‘the way of transition’ by William bridges

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a tough one.

I will say: A Series of Unfortunate Events (all of the books)

It was made into a Netflix series, which was pretty good. I read the books when I was a kid, though, and they were SO GOOD.

3 Likes

The Chrysalids by John Wyndham… I read it in high school for literature class.

4 Likes

A couple of my favorites are Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, and the graphic novel Maus.

5 Likes

Have you ever read the graphic novel Persephone?

2 Likes

Don’t believe I have. Is it pretty good? It sounds very familiar.

2 Likes

I got the name a little wrong.

But here it is if you want to check it out (I don’t know if I’m allowed to post a link here?):

2 Likes

Yeah, links are allowed! I own this one but I still haven’t read it. Should I make it top priority?

2 Likes

It’s really good! It’s also really fast. Won’t take long at all to get through it.

2 Likes

When I was working as a Hospital screener during the SARS viral outbreak in 2002 I worked the night shift quite often. It was boring so I bought several books to read. You hear a lot about science all the time but sometimes it’s very interesting to hear about it from the people that made the discoveries, and these were some of the biggest discoveries in he history of Science. I really enjoyed these books, although I admit Origin of Species was a bit of a dry read at times.

4 Likes

I heard that. I think that’s why I never tried to read it.

2 Likes

The Cause of Hitler’s Germany by Peikoff
im not an objectivist I just like how that book looked at the philosophy behind nazism

2 Likes

My favorite genres are civil war history, music, and birds so I cannot narrow it down to just one book.

Edit…

So the Sherlock Holmes canon is my favorite.

1 Like

Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien. Must have read it a hundred times but loved that whole world and it was well written.

3 Likes

I read voraciously so it’s really hard to thin it down… probably my favorite story collection would be “The Doctor of Death Island and Other Stories and Other Stories” by Gene Wolfe. I consider Wolfe to be a near Master of language and how to use it, and he’s just so smart it’s scary. My current favorite fiction would be “Evolution’s Shore” by Ian McDonald. Honorable mention to “One Day in the Life of Ivan Denosovich” and “The Gulag Archipelago” I, II, III, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, which were outstanding (but grim), read them long ago on a sort of bet, probably should read them again some time.