Schizophrenia.com

What is your escape?

When you are overwhelmed with crazy thoughts and voices, what do you do to distract yourself from them and go about your day?

2 Likes

I try to listen to as much music as I can throughout the day without going overboard. Lately, I haven’t been do it as much as should, with the pandemic and all.

3 Likes

Read books or have coffee with my husband. Sometimes music helps too :blush:

3 Likes

I take clozapine as a prn and try to sleep.

2 Likes

sometimes when things go bad, the only thing i can do is close the curtains, turn off all devices, lay on the couch and take deep breaths, and tell myself they are just voices and they will pass.

in the past i used to drink valerian tea to calm me down and also go soak in the bathtub for about an hour, but i haven’t done that in awhile.

2 Likes

Sounds like what I do already --.i brew coffee and tea then lay in bed, close my eyes and inhale peace, exhale love and ‘this too shall pass’

3 Likes

Music, exercise, music and moar music. And youtube

2 Likes

Music and cigarettes.

2 Likes

For me there is no in between, if my head starts to go mischievous I need to up my meds or I am falling apart. I guess I am lucky my meds are keeping things at bay as it is.

2 Likes

Listen to music if the thoughts turn to the obsessive side. For voices it’s a big waiting game. Like several of you I lay in bed and wait until they are gone.

I learned if I watch stress levels and make sure I sleep well generally the voices part of sza are a passing thought.

:innocent:

I watch mindless YouTube videos or play calming video games like Okami.

Listen to music, maybe watch tv, smoke cigarettes

Go for a walk. Meet with friends if it helps the voices to go away.

1 Like