What instruments do you all play?

How do you incorporate music into your lives as an aid with psychosis, depression, etc? I just geared up (Bought some drumming shoes, gloves, etc) for drumming yesterday and it felt great! Getting through 4 songs without a break is improvement especially with hard rock, classic rock, and metal. What I will do from now on is document how I did on each song, site specific sections of the songs to correct missed notes and things like that (Holding sticks too loose, timing off) and this allows for me to give myself personal growth with feedback. Being on the medications, it is hard to always want to go play and it seems to be something to do when you FEEL like playing not as a planned chore. Thoughts? Thanks! P.S. - I am looking for a guitarist and bassist haha.

4 Likes

I am a singer or was. But I learned a little piano and some guitar chords.

4 Likes

I play some guitar and sing :guitar:

3 Likes

I’m a guitarist and play a little piano. Wish I could sing thatd be cool

1 Like

You’ll soon get fit playing drums, it’s quite a workout! I play piano and bass, I get a bit of peace in my mind while practising. I just play because I enjoy it, haven’t played on stage since my teens.

1 Like

Viola,bass guitar. I dropped bass after illness.

I am a clarinetist at heart, though I would like to learn to play the cello.

1 Like

Was a part time classical/jazz pianist at multiple hotels, advanced guitar instructor, french horn player at an orchestra and a jazz band trumpeter. Also had a recent concert where we played famous pieces from almost all genres and I was the bassist.

3 Likes

Just guitar. 15

I used to play the piano but had to sell it to afford food :frowning: . Now I want to learn the harmonica!

I know a little violin, drums and some guitar and a little bit of piano but I don’t play anymore.

I play acoustic piano and digital keyboard. I’ve been studying for 13 years now.

1 Like

I play piano/synths, Autoharps and make my own music apps. I don’t know why I am so lousy at guitar but could never quite figure it out too well (plus the guitars I owned had lousy action)

I just started using the free duet versions of smule.com for home karaoke and love it.

I am pretty casual about piano: mostly like just improvising on chord sheets.

I would love to play around with a real harpejji someday:

I play the flute and French horn, and I know a little violin, guitar, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, and piano. I LOVE music. I think it was always my best talent. Not as much as it used to be, sadly.

Guitar. Used to play alto saxophone. A little piano. Went to university for vocal music.

I played the flute and piccolo in the marching band and l also sang in the choir when I was in High School. Now I sing 2nd Soprano in my Church choir. I have always been a music lover. I used to stay up and watch music videos until 2AM when I was in my 20s ( I’ll be 55 on Sunday).

I don’t play any instruments in middle School I play the corner. I interested in the native American flute.

I play the Didgeridoo and the Native American Flute well. I’m learning the Classical Guitar now. Slowly but surely.

Dabbled in the violin. Not my instrument.

:+1:

I can play a mean kazoo :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

I play synthesizers. I love them! Have quite a few in my studio.

1 Like