What I remember from German class

I took German for two years in high school. And twice at community college, because I failed the first time. The second time I think I got a D cause the teacher wanted to get rid of me.

“Sprechen sie Deutsch, Herr Burk?”

I’ll leave it up to whomever to translate the only thing I remember learning.

“Nein, ich bin krank.”

7 Likes

No, I am ill :frowning:

4 Likes

:sneezing_face: Gesundheit!

4 Likes

Volkswagen… :joy: 15 characters

7 Likes

no say amigo 151515151515

2 Likes

Ferme ta bouche
I always remember

2 Likes

Guten Abend! 15151515151555

4 Likes

That’s French :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yep my GCSE of two years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

fahrvergnügen :rofl:

3 Likes

Wie geht es dir heute abend? Ich weiss nicht, was ich tun soll. :thinking:

4 Likes

No need to understand German with this German commercial. :smile_cat:

7 Likes

Yay Deutschland! :de:

2 Likes

Alles gute gut Geburtstag! All I remember! Lol! I took 4 years in high school and one in college, all A’s! Stupid sz f- - - - s your brain! Sorry I’ m drunk as A skunk!

1 Like

Nein, ya, and alveeterzein. In other words, no, yes, and thank you. I think. I lived in Germany for two years as a child and that is all I learned.

2 Likes

Ha! I remember lots of bad words in German that I learned when my German oma (grandma) came to visit. My mom would get so pissed off because my grandma would delight in teaching us kids bad words and then we would practice using the bad words at home. :smile:

3 Likes

I wanted to study german in high school, my mom forced me to do Spanish bcoz she said you need it to get a job in america. And here I am several years later with no job.

2 Likes

Not sure about the spelling but…

Ich habe ein lange schlange

1 Like

I’m german. And I’ve been watching this thread. And I think you guys a flipping halarious! Lol :laughing:

1 Like

I think German is a hard language to learn

3 Likes