What hobbies should I do to take up my time?

I can relate. I’m not into my hobbies anymore.

Ask yourself what you liked to do as a child and teen? There! Those are your hobbies.

What is your diagnosis?

My diagnosis is psychosis they havent diagnosed me with any thing in particular as of yet

1 Like

My interests: shopping for food and cooking for myself, having meals with family or friends at times, reading many emails that I have signed up for, jig saw puzzles, searching for a good book and then reading it, reading the Sunday newspaper, watching the national news almost every day.
I feel like I have a large amount of free time so sometimes I get bored too.

5 Likes

Do you like watching movies?

Can you afford a little digital camera to walk around and take pictures?

2 Likes

I practice piano for 60 minutes a day, 5 nights a week. I’ve been taking private lessons for 15 years now. I’m glad I have too because I feel I’ve come far. Even though going on Risperdal Consta shots has held me back alot.

4 Likes

I commend you on your dedication !! An hour a day is a lot. I also practice the piano but no more than 30 minutes at a time. Do you have any recordings that you’d like to share? I’m sure you play way better than me.

Actually technique is important but it doesn’t make up for lack of feeling. My playing sounds too robotic at times.

Building Lego can be a fun pastime. You can make it as easy and cheap or as hard and expensive as you like.

Lego Technics are fun.

Learning a musical instrument is also fun. I dabble in several but I play the Native American Flute and Didgeridoo well and am just starting Bluegrass Banjo.

Birding can be a fun one too if you have some patience to spare. Astronomy as well if you are a night owl and live in a location with minimal light pollution.

Video games are another popular idea.

Becoming a collector. Books, comics, toys, stamps, and you name it.

-S

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.