What hobbies should I do to take up my time?

I’m finding it really hard to find hobbies that I actually like and am not just doing for the sake of doing them. I want to be excited about doing something you know?

7 Likes

Maybe fishing try

1 Like

It doesnt cost dissapointment when you didnt catch a fish. You spending time in fresh air

4 Likes

Install a phone app that helps you learn a new language. Or do puzzles. Or crosswords. Could be anything. I don’t know you well enough to give better advice, but studies have shown that learning a new language engages large portions of the brain and can keep you hooked for months even years.

2 Likes

Buy an electric guitar and an amp and a fuzz pedal.

1 Like

Do what you like doing and call it a hobby.

3 Likes

If your able, try volunteering—maybe at an animal shelter if your illness makes it difficult to be around people. Those places are in such need of volunteers and those animal tails wagging or purring will make you feel as valued as you absolutely are! Good luck—:heart:

3 Likes

Art! Art! Art!

Always my recommendation.

2 Likes

I recommend warhammer. Or card games like Yugioh and pokemon.

1 Like

Play guitar :guitar:! My secret of success: only practice 12 minutes a day, but try to do it every day. Note: if you want to practice more force yourself not to. Get a good book for beginners. Or take lessons. Look at YouTube videos. Be a part of the guitar playing community!

4 Likes

I used to do art but I feel the meds and the illness has taken away my skills plus talent I feel dumb and useless now

1 Like

That actually sounds interesting I’ll have a look around thank you

1 Like

Maybe try art therapy?

1 Like

I could have a look at that thank you.

I had this problem at one stage and it was very depressing, nothing made me feel good and i recken it was the meds, i kept saying to my p/doc but she never did anything at the time, eventually i’d had enough and tried changing my meds, i found a better med and things improved, i think i had mild sz and suffering bad side effects, my currrent med is much better.

have you said to your p/doc or care team?

I have told them what is happening but it’s almost like they dont believe me. Because it is a low dose and because the medication I am on is quite mild. But I am sensitive to meds. I am on abilify maintena. 300 ml The only drug which improved my cognition was seroquel but abilify seroquel and respiridone are the only ones I have tryed. When I told the doc they said that I could do anything on these meds which is obviously not the case since I’m always jittery and forgetting things plus compulsive shopping.

You might do some reading, and maybe some writing.

They even tryed to prescribe me an antidepressant for low mood but i wasnt feeling low for nothing I was feeling low because I couldnt do anything I enjoy

sometime drs think they have things under control and are willing to overlook certain things, sometimes we should overlook certain things ourselves though, its what we sacrifice to maintain our sanity, i’d rather reach my full potential.

1 Like

Idk what you like but I like playing video games and listening to music to pass time. Also reading the news etc

1 Like