What have you been doing today

today was pretty hard i think i went to a cafe for some tea and some food, the n i decided to pop into the place where i volunteer and i was talking to a nice man about my situation i knew the man from church and i knew he would be understanding about things and i felt i should tell him because we were talking and i kinda knew what he was thinking so i told him (not that i have schiz) just that i had a mental illness and i still struggle sometimes and i that the government give me money and i want to give back by doing some volunteering etc, sorry it was a long conversation and i cant write it all down the man was actually very nice and bought me a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

later i drove my nephew somewhere which was pretty far and i was driving for about an hour and a half in some really bad roads (quite a challenge for a learner) and it was dark on the way back, when i came in i was exhausted but i calmed down and had my dinner (my chest was very tight but loosened up after dinner)

after dinner i felt a bit better so decided to go to a prayer group but it was very stressful as my chest was tightening up again and singing was making it worse actually even just sitting there was affecting it but i sat forward a bit more and this helped a lot. afterwards i volunteered to make tea at this christianity group that tries to teach a bit of the bible to people that are interested (i have been going to this to learn a bit more about what is written in the bible the last two weeks)

couple other things i did today was the dishes (at last) the laundry (at last) hung up some clothes
(might seem easy but its not for me)

i also subscribed to pof.com and wrote on here.

so what have you been doing today?

4 Likes

It seems like you have two cool things working out for you, a volunteer job and church. I would like to be doing those things myself. I hung out a little with my dad and brothers doing some work. These days I can only handle about an hour of light work, but I suppose it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

to be fair at the bible teaching group i only have to help make tea and coffee for a few people and it will only take about 10 mins to do that and get everyone settled, we are only there for an hour and a half which includes watching a short dvd and then discussing some things that come up, it was actually really interesting and i know a whole lot more than i did before about it and that was just the second week.

the other voluntary thing i do is a community kitchen that is also ran by the church but that is only 3 hours but i am always worried about the tightness in my chest rearing its ugly head, i usually just manage to do the full 3 hrs but sometimes i need to sit down, it is very wierd how this thing affects me,

anyway thats all i do really 3hrs kitchen 10 mins making tea lol

I’ve noticed that at least for me even a small amount of work for a short time like that is good for me. So, maybe I can’t work a 40 hour week anymore, but that little bit of getting out is a lot better for me than sitting home alone all day. What you are doing may be helping you out quite a bit.

1 Like

good on you for helping people, and your chest tightening up sounds like stress, so nothing to worry about.
take care

2 Likes

Up at 7am as I slept through my alarm. Took max to school, gutted the lounge, put some furniture out front to b collected, went to the dump to get rid of more stuff, dyed my hair, swept and mopped the lounge, swept the stairs, picked up the poo from the garden, two dishwasher loads, 3 loads of washing, two loads of drying, bought chubba a new collar and extendable lead, fed the animals twice , picked up my son and that’s about it for today. Knackered now so going to bed!

1 Like

I had my gums deep cleaned by a periodontist. It hurt. Scraping in between teeth and below the gum line getting the plaque and tarter off… The pain surprised me. I was used to my regular dentist who’s work is mostly pain-free.

1 Like

I had that done once + it didn’t hurt. I think it depends on how much anesthetic they give you. The Dr gave me a huge syringe of novacain which I was thankful for. I’ve heard other people say that it hurt.

I caught up on my sleep and went out to eat with my brother.

1 Like

i am exhausted just from reading that, your days are full on, i managed to drive into town and get a coffee and slice, and collect the eggs, that’s it, my day is done…
take care

2 Likes

Spent the morning and a bit of the afternoon in bed due to a late evening the night before. Ate dinner, spent a little time cleaning up the workshop, did a little computer work, went to the store for some smokes, and now I’m sitting here listening to music.

I have an early morning but I know I can’t sleep so I’m not even going to try until it gets a bit later.

1 Like

Pob. The cute dental assistant rubbed my gums with a q-tip with some kind of red gel that made them a little numb. When my regular dentist gives me a shot of Novocain he uses something similar on my gum that numbs a tiny spot where he’s going to stick the needle in. The periodontist I saw today said if the pain gets too bad he would use Novocain. It hurt but I didn’t ask for the Novocaine.

1 Like

When it comes to pain I say go for the jugular with the novocain. Sorry it hurt.

Yesterday… (As it’s just gone 6:00 a.m right now where I’m sitting)

Went to work and took the kid sis with me. A crew of people are getting the visitor center ready for the early spring opening and un-winterizing the gardens around here. I was with my crew planning the new garden addition and assessing any winter damage. My kid sis was with the volunteers cleaning the center, windows, sweeping, clearing out storage rooms.

Went for a swim at the kid sis’s new pool and then got some Thai food and set up the bigger monitor, plugged in the lap top and watched “Amelie” again. It was a bit warmer last night so after it got really dark, we took flashlights to the shore line and looked for crabs and starfish in the rocks. Starfish really can move fast.

2 Likes

today i have done virtually nothing so far. took max to school, did the shopping, picked max up. now i have to put a dry on, sort the dry clothes, sweep and mop the kitchen and hall, tidy my room, change my bed, tidy my son’s room and change his bed…but first he has to bleach the kitchen side as sox peed up there this afternoon all over the side and under the microwave…■■■■■■■ disgusting it is. i refuse to do it if it was up to me i’d put the cat down. he has one more chance to take responsability for his cats care. if he doesn’t do it…the cat goes to heaven. she’s also peed in the bathroom so more for him to clean up. he says he loves her but i’m the one that feeds her and takes care of her. if that doesn’t change forthwith then bye bye cat. gonna do it now…the cleaning i mean.

1 Like

Just installed my air conditioner. It took about 15 minutes.

I modified an air conditioner, an air conditioner that was designed for widows that slide open vertically, such that it could now fit in my present apartment horizontal sliding windows. I did this a couple of years ago. I just used whatever bits and pieces of metal/plastic that were available.

Now it just takes several minutes to install it in the summer time and remove it in the fall such that it doesn’t take a winter beating and look old and rusty.

That was today’s CoooooooooL excitement.

2 Likes

Today I’m going into work later, but staying later. I’ll be finishing up some last bit of editing on a paper for school and getting it submitted before I go to bed. This day is going to be long and not very restful. Tomorrow is going to be back to normal. :relieved:

1 Like

thats cool introbc lol

i’m thinking about going back to an Aikido class i use to go to about a year ago, i remember i really loved it but i was starting to get stressed but this time i am going to tell them when i am feeling the pain in my chest and try and manage it as well as going to the doctors about it to try and get help for it there as well because i think thats what put me off of it in the first place.

1 Like

Today I cleaned the kitchen, did 2 dishwasher loads, two loads of washing, 3 loads of drying, had my hair highlighted, went mum’s for dinner and got loads of munchies for my son’s sleepover. Not an amazingly busy day but I’ve been up since 5am as usual so I’ll probably have an early night. Xxx

1 Like

I finished cleaning up for the maids. While they were here I sat on the porch and started to put my plants in better order - bit by bit. Now it’s time for a smoothie.

1 Like