What have you accomplished?

What’s something you’re proud of/that you’ve accomplished since becoming diagnosed?

I stopped biting my nails almost two years ago after biting them my whole life. I also got married (which after being diagnosed I never thought would happen)

Now your turn, GO!!!

8 Likes

I got two associate degrees from my local community college after being diagnosed. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Getting a major degree in university, physiotherapy.
But I would have done much better without my sz.

7 Likes

Running half marathons as well as in training weekly at one point

Being 14 years since last episode but this is not my achievement as much as a mixture of everything

Being married for 10 years

Cooking from scratch for every meal, even though I’m on a plant based diet and my husband eats everything
I also quit smoking when I was last in hospital

4 Likes

I have a daughter who is a tolerable human despite sharing half of my genetics.

:grin:

5 Likes

Wow those are both impressive!!! @Montezuma @Aziz

4 Likes

Impressive! Glad you were able to quit smoking! @Three

2 Likes

I did not give in to drinking alcohol. Since my dx. I used to drink heavily sometimes, before my dx

3 Likes

I got married. Went overseas for the first time. Lived in another country for a couple of years. Quit smoking and started exercising a lot more lately.

4 Likes

I’ve written hundreds of poems.

I went through a crisis point where I had to choose between scientist-thought centered or artist/ feeling mind. I chose art- minde

4 Likes

drastically cut back on my drinking, like 1 glass of wine twice a month. quit weed altogether. now im looking forward to studying biology. i also have my own place that is 1/3rd paid off. just staying out of trouble now is my greatest feat. and i lost weight.

2 Likes

My family is my greatest accomplishment.

I’ve got three beautiful children…and two ugly ones.

5 Likes

I haven’t accomplished anything since getting diagnosed

1 Like

I got an associate degree and went back to work full time.

4 Likes

I had a piece of popcorn stuck in my teeth for like two weeks that I failed to get out. But finally with lots of support and encouragement from my family, and advice from my psychiatrist and my therapist I finally got that sucker out. I owe a lot of it to luck though.

2 Likes

I bet your family just loves you to death.

3 Likes

when i took zyprxa at 24 years of age i remmber waking up dazed but amazilngly from there i learned how to drive i went back to tafe then i worked delivery and then factory.im 40 now and im happy with what i accomplished.the problem now is going foward what do i do now.im bed ridden now

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear that @oulabi
I still need to get my license, so good for you!

2 Likes

I’ve written two 1,500 word essays, one of which I think is pretty good, and the other I’m wrestling with. I’ve written five 5,000 word short stories and one 15,000 word story which I believe are good, but they need polishing. One thing I am not ashamed of is that I’ve let my body go, but right now I feel sick, so it wouldn’t be good to start working out right away.

6 Likes

Working is harder than university for me. I wish that university was free, I would have gotten a degree in each science subject :joy:

3 Likes