What have you accomplished?

That’s interesting @Aziz both are equally hard for me

2 Likes

I did 5/6 semesters and got my physio degree after my diagnosis but was never able work for more than a month after trying 10 jobs.

2 Likes

I’m trying to buy a condo. If successful, that would be my biggest accomplishment next to graduating from university.

2 Likes

Congrats! Good luck to you with your condo endeavors @gene

2 Likes

Thanks! @Human
“Trying to eke out a modest existence” -Gene

2 Likes

Peace of mind and lifequality.

3 Likes

I got my aged care certificate.

I quit smoking and drinking alcohol.

I saved the life of the one I love most in the world other than my x.
And gave her a good life.

I made some blankets and bags and slippers.

I had a pretty perfect relationship for 21/2 years without fights n drama.

I rode by myself on challenging paths.

I drove from Gold Coast to sa under direction.n walki talki.

I am on a vegan diet and left the man I love most to do so because no one can tell me what I can and can’t eat.
In the end I have to be true to myself and my morals which can be difficult because he is the man I love most and I miss them n country life n it was pretty perfect but I feel strongly about the environment and animals and don’t want to deny that or eat meat to please someone else not even one I love most.so difficult.

I flew overseas while psychotic and suffered but made it.

I contributed to my x boyfriends go fund me.

I attended a housekeeping course while psychotic.ended up in hospital and suffered but I went and managed to get there.

I manage my daily life and I’m proud of that such as showering etc

4 Likes

I’ve become an expert in nutrition and supplements for mental health and other conditions. But don’t feel I’ve accomplished much since diagnosis. Mostly because I’m harassed a lot. Because I did work about 6 years after having positive symptoms. But after people found out and started harassing me, I didn’t feel as well, to work.

2 Likes

I haven’t accomplished anything since diagnosed in fact its the opposite

1 Like

I have three college degrees. I feel like that is an accomplishment. Unfortunately I’ve had a hard time finding work even with these degrees.

2 Likes

My biggest accomplishment was finishing my degree even though I was very ill at the time.

Also last year I won an industry award for a data product I developed.

Now I started my own landscaping business, so it’s off to a good start, but we’ll see if it has longer term potential

4 Likes

Mostly just small things. I’ve learned how to be a better cook. My social skills have improved since starting therapy two plus years ago. Right now I have a drive to explore as many hobbies as possible. I occasionally help my dad with his cabin clients.

I keep my car maintained.

And I’m open to nearly anything that life may throw at me.

:rainbow:

2 Likes

I don’t really know when I got sz but after my first psychotic episode I worked and studied finance with top grades for 5 years. After my second episode I dont do anything

2 Likes

I’ve worked in fast food since receiving my diagnosis. That was an extremely stressful time for me but I made it through it okay and am probably stronger for having gone through it. Now I’m looking into work that should better match my capabilities and even putting together a college application for the upcoming spring semester. It’s been tough but I’ve had a lot of support.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.