What does 'No replies' to a forum thread suggest?

It can be applied to any forums. For instance, I have a few threads (on another forum) that have hundreds of views but no one replied. The message board is not dead though, because members were replying to other threads.
This is why I need to conduct a survey here to study the behavior. (I remember crimby said there is a moment when it is difficult to comment)

I used to think a lot of my tcomments seemed to stop threads. But I think that is the worrier in me saying that.

Sometimes my brain stop working and I can’t come up with a good answer. Depends on what shape I’m in if I just read or if I also answer.

1 Like

At least not in this thread. :wink:

2 Likes

It suggests they don’t like you :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously Don’t take it personally.

Maybe you could change your thread names to things like free beer? :wink:

But I’m not sure if that would help, or get you blocked by admin/mod!

People like some posts and they don’t like others. Some posts are just relateble and strike a chord with people and some don’t. The dynamics are probably way more complicated than this but this is kind of the basic explanation. I can post something that I think is sheer genius and I think it shoud win a Pulitzer Prize but it won’t get any replies. That’s just the way it goes.

3 Likes

Same here at times. I often figure “too contrivertial/senative subject matter/drank too much”

Topics are hit and miss anyway…we have a couple extra layers in our forums onion…

Ironically, if someone ever could achieve this impossible state of perfection, it’s likely that very few people would tolerate him or her. For the perfect individual would be a constant reminder to all others of their shortcomings. Not to mention that they probably wouldn’t be much fun to be with. Who would really tolerate, let alone enjoy being with someone who was perfect?

(this link was given by SzAdmin)

do you agree with that quote @Plumber?

1 Like

Yes. Now I realize it does more harm than good.

Plumber, quit bringing back threads, oh my gawd.

1 Like

Racism is my new answer…

I thought I followed what the Site User’s Guideline said:

No Repeat Posts
If no-one answers your question, bump it rather than posting it again and please don’t post the same question in every forum, just the most appropriate one. Reading the same thing over and over again is the best way to annoy people and the worst way to get answers.

3 Likes

I think so. It is possible.

1 Like

No I was joking…how would they know…racism was a joke answer…

:rolling_eyes:

Oh, no…But it does happen in multi-cultural country like mine.

are you still looking for answers? idk, free to give and receive.

1 Like

New answers are welcome. But I think I have found the answer – perfectionism.

1 Like

Don’t know, honey, until you feel the failings.