What does illusions and delusions actually mean to you?

When you hallucinate assuming the signals are qualified (not using weed or other artificial things that might cause it). Could you objectively look at it and extract any substance or meaning?

If I say it’s just a fantasy and nothing else. Would your biases kick in? Or you can sit back and look at your illusions objectively. How would your life look if one day you wake up illusions free.

2 Likes

They mean nothing and yet everything.

Tough to say, really.

3 Likes

When I was asymptomatic. Some of my delusions were motivating. Making me want to get up and do great things. I still have residuals that I just ignore.

2 Likes

Correction - symptomatic.

2 Likes

For me hallucinations are like dreaming while awake. And I give meaning to dreams so as well to my hallucinations.

3 Likes

Id say their more of an experience than having any meaning.

1 Like

Are they hallucinations if you can touch them?

1 Like

An illusion is that pretty women smile at me. A delusion is this means they are all interested in me.

1 Like

This is just from my own perspective, but I think when one is in recovery we often recall what was happening to us and we have some memories of those occurrences even if we couldn’t control ourselves at the time. So you are correct that hallucination cannot be touched but until sun rises again and people who recovered tend to tell these great recovery stories. Assuming people aren’t doping themselves with drugs or weed then recovery is possible.

I’m completely drug free, and rarely imbibe alcohol.

I’m doing so much better than I was when my condition first presented itself, but I still have days when the voices are prevalent and delusions of reference are pronounced.

It’s much more controlled these days and not as chaotic and unpredictable.

Recovery is wonderful, but I have a ways to go.

Stay the course, stay true, take your meds and don’t give up!

1 Like

That’s a lovely eulogy @Mourning_Dove. Really wish you to get well soon :slight_smile:

Thanks.

It’s one day at a time.

It’s all we can do.

Keep a goal in mind and always work towards it even if it’s just a little every day.

1 Like

The delusions mean I can watch a movie and not even have to get a dvd.

2 Likes

It’s a good question. What is the difference between illusion and delusion? I have no clue really.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t know I couldn’t post about religion here. I’m new, sorry about that. I just read the guidelines and saw that it’s excluded.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.