What do you think of Co-enzyme Q10

what do you think of it…what did it help you with

1 Like

Do you want to take CoQ10 for your positives?

1 Like

i hope they lessen my negatives esp. asocial

1 Like

I got into the habit of trying random supplements. It was pretty dumb of me. You don’t want to go down that road. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1028415X.2018.1556481?journalCode=ynns20

1 Like

CoQ10 is a mitochondrial agent that plays a fundamental role in energy production and mitochondrial function. The available baseline data suggest a relationship between fatigue and depression and anxiety levels in individuals with a diagnosis of schizophrenia. CoQ10 supplementation has the potential to affect these symptoms, through CoQ10’s ability to restore electron flow in the electron transfer chain and increase mitochondrial antioxidant capacity. The study commenced in November 2016 and patient enrolment and assessment is ongoing. Updated baseline information will be presented including further cognitive assessments. To minimise risk of bias while recruitment and assessments are ongoing, unblinding and outcome analysis will not be conducted at time of presentation.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-938/coenzyme-q10

• Medications for cancer (Chemotherapy) interacts with COENZYME Q10 Coenzyme Q-10 is an antioxidant. There is some concern that antioxidants might decrease the effectiveness of some medications used for cancers. But it is too soon to know if the interaction occurs.
  • Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with COENZYME Q10 Coenzyme Q-10 seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking coenzyme Q-10 along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.<br /><nb>Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
  • Warfarin (Coumadin) interacts with COENZYME Q10 Warfarin (Coumadin) is used to slow blood clotting. Coenzyme Q-10 might help the blood clot. By helping the blood clot, coenzyme Q-10 might decrease the effectiveness of warfarin (Coumadin). Decreasing the effectiveness of warfarin (Coumadin) might increase the risk of clotting. Be sure to have your blood checked regularly. The dose of your warfarin (Coumadin) might need to be changed.

By reading the article, I think coQ10 can help if your fatigue, depression is more physical as a mitochondria is in a animal cell and not a nerve cell. Which when that is taken care of, it in turns enhances cognition. The mind and body work together. I would try it, because I’ve been on enough mind altering medications lol (not saying they are bad) just saying messing with neurons with an already over active, underactive brain and differ structurally than others, I wouldn’t want to keep on poking at it unless something is getting healed and not just creating new synapses, more neurotransmitters because reprogramming something only lasts so long especially when it comes to a human organ. It’s like when someone suffers a stroke, their speech areas of the brain are effected and they don’t take brain enhancing drugs, they take aspirin…

1 Like

anyone else wit ha n opinion on this

Another name for CoQ10 is Ubiquinol, which was named that because it is ubiquitous, or in other words, is found everywhere. It’s hard to be deficient in that.

I take it to strengthen heart muscle

Phil takes it too, good for smokers

that with propranolol seems to stop all racing heart.

1 Like

I threw up a dose of risperidone and went into a painful scary crisis. I took one co q 10 and went into another crisis. Was messed up for weeks.
I used to take co q 10. Didn’t notice any benefits.

1 Like