What do you take for panic and anxiety attacks?

What medication and supplements do you take for panic and anxiety attacks? Right now I am taking a prn Clonazepam. My panic attacks are pretty intense and my prn not always helps.

I do breathing exercises and try to rephrase my cognitive distortions, if that doesn’t work I take a couple vistarils. Which don’t really work that well but it’s better than nothing I guess.

1 Like

I take cymbalta and magnesium l-threonate. both prescribed by my doctor

1 Like

the magnesium is a supplement you can buy but it is a little expensive

1 Like

I take Ativan, but not often, maybe once a month

1 Like

I tried to go get help for my anxiety at the va and the doctor thought I wanted to abuse it so he only gave me a small amount and bumped up my antipsychotic. ■■■■ him I kept my medicine the same didnt go up and just been dealing with my anxiety when it comes on my own.

1 Like

I am taking Magnesum, a lot. Going through panic attack.

1 Like

Ok hope you feel better… Don’t over do it

1 Like

What are you taking @Sleepy ?

I take 0.5mg xanax at 4:30am and 1mg xanax at 9pm. Then I can take another 0.5mg as needed twice a day. Pdoc says I know my anxiety enough to feel it coming and railroad it with extra dose.

1 Like

Since I have started zoloft my anxiety is less. I can’t take benzos because I overuse it.

1 Like

I’ve tried CBD oil and food that’s it.

1 Like

i take hydroxyzine and mirtazypine. my pdoc dont like to prescribe benzos cause they are addictive, and it might also be influence by my past with pot makes me someone who could abuse a drug. i can get a few benzos from going to the ER if i have an emergency. and that’s find what the pdoc and ER does, cause benzos are suppose to be temporary fixes for problems. in the past pdocs over prescribed them, but there’s been a shift in understanding about all that benzo stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.