What do you miss the most about when you were a normie?

So what could you do then and you miss now you cant do it.

I played kendo for 12 years and six years with my daughters,

I stopped as I had a paranoia attack and were hearing others conversations at a party and they were persecutionary and racist so I just bailed and never went back. Maybe the start of the next stage in my sickness.

This was way before the idea that I had sz, although I had major mood disorders and insomnia which I had lots of meds for and was under the care of my pdoc.

So what do you miss most? What has your sickness taken away from you?

9 Likes

I really miss jogging the most. At a normal pace instead of snail pace.

5 Likes

I miss being as happy as I was but some of my unhappiness now is not having enough to do. I go to groups three times a week but they’re only for an hour a day. The rest of the time I just watch TV. Not much on TV interests me anymore.

3 Likes

Not a single thing. I’m living in the moment and enjoying myself.

10 Likes

I miss working out and being motivated to work out. I also miss making good money. And having my own place. I miss a lot.

3 Likes

I miss being a book worm, and going hiking.

4 Likes

I miss

Cooking from scratch
Walking a lot
Going out in the evening

5 Likes

Miss having a social life

3 Likes

I don’t know, i think i am still the same before and after the diagnosis of sz. From the ups and downs in my life, i miss the ups rather the downs.

3 Likes

I miss my weight.
I was super skinny before sz.
I was attractive.

That isn’t about attraction to people, it just made me feel easier to talk to people,and three years while unmedicated no one cared that I have sz, as long I was thin… Strange…

2 Likes

I guess it’s socially sick to say I miss not being able to pick on mental the ill people just as a normal I would be ignorant in the fact that I did not understand it and therefore I would be one of those type people that would say hey you’re a weirdo that would probably be the only thing that I miss there are some rather facts that you might want to think about when the brain breaks down its matter from schizophrenia you lose the ability to function in different parts of the brain you may not be aware of it now but that would be the normal parts of the brain that you would use as a normal person therefore I would say that I would miss that the most PS hey weirdo

2 Likes

I miss my memories. I don’t really remember much. My sister in law has an amazing memory.

3 Likes

I liked traveling the world in Business class and meeting interesting people.

2 Likes

The aliens chattering at me disagree with you.

7 Likes

There are a bunch of other psychotic disorders though @shutterbug

It really is not that important.

4 Likes

When I was a ‘normie’, I decided to drug myself into oblivion

3 Likes

Yes. I’ve been dealing with this for three decades and I’m aware of it.

I have consistently been diagnosed with SZ all through this time by every pdoc I’ve had.

Stop being rude already.

5 Likes

Not my intentions
I apologize @shutterbug

6 Likes

@Wave you are not a pdoc. I see you’ve apologized but do NOT try to armchair diagnose anyone again.

5 Likes

I dont think its your place to tell someone that based on their level of functioning though. Leave it to the psychiatrists :blush:

Theres probably a ton of misdiagnoses on this forum.
And diagnosis can change too.

One example is most people with bipolar dont seek a psychiatrist when there manic. Its usually when there depressed (what my pdoc said). Then they get given anti depressants and become really manic. Then they get the bipolar dx.

5 Likes