What do you mean when you say negative symptoms?

I have no positive symptoms
But the negatives…
It’s just flat humor, and I kind of can’t show emotions.
That’s what bothers me the most because I’m a street vendor and that hurts me a lot
So I’m thinking of trying nac, pregnenolone,

5 Likes

Negative symptoms for me was not wanting to do anything physical. My life was sedentary. I kept telling myself I need to be active and that is what I started doing.

5 Likes

I believe that to be motivated you need to see some sparkle in things so to solve the problem of lack of motivation you first need to solve this issue of depressed mood, but maybe I’m wrong, who knows.

3 Likes

Filip be happy for that your negative symptoms only affect your interpersonal abilities. I’ve got a strong ahedonia and avolation apathy that makes life so much worse.

4 Likes

I struggle with flat affect, avolition, persistent fatigue, difficulty experiencing positive emotions. I am much better now, but the avolition and fatigue are still my biggest challenges.

4 Likes

Laziness, not enjoying things I used to enjoy, not wanting to research negative symptoms lol

5 Likes

I also have all the negative symptoms I think are interconnected in some way. but i can’t stop at home i’m a wanderer

1 Like

I wanted to try some things like:
NAC
PREGNENOLONE
SARCOSINE
5 HTP
ASHWAGANDHA
REISHI
among these which ones did you try and how many%% would you evaluate each one successfully ??

1 Like

Sarcosine and it barely makes a difference. You’ll get more of a boost from eating better and pushing yourself to go for daily walks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but I have to try.
even a 10% improvement is already something.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anyone get that much from a supplement in thirty years with this illness. 1% is actually pretty amazing. I haven’t tried the rest you listed because I’ve watched others here use them without success.

Edit: I did find a supplement that helped with my positive symptoms and also with nerve pain (an unexpected and wonderful bonus), but it does @#$% all for my negative symptoms. Amyloban 3399, lion’s mane mushroom extract. It’s a powerful formulation. The cheaper varieties don’t work.

3 Likes

our 30 years is a long time, you are a warrior man. 1% is disheartening but I’ll try anyway what do you tell me about people here saying that it was good to take these things? and amyloban looks good, glad it worked for you. I’ve thought about cultivating at home but I think I’m going to buy the amyloban anyway.

1 Like

Some like L-theanine. Didn’t do anything for me. Every so often someone comes in here and gushes about how amazing niacin is, but it’s placebo effect. The main thing is that they’re not showing miraculous improvement five years later.

I’m not saying improvement isn’t possible, but you’re not going to find any one thing that moves your recovery needle in a huge way. It’s an incremental process. Not trying to bring you down, just keeping it real so you don’t blow a fortune on stuff that won’t really help.

Negative symptoms mean not enough neurotransmitters; thus, negative. I think that’s how they actually diagnose Schizophrenia.

Cognitive negative meaning features like: poverty of thought/speech, slow verbal response times, thought disorganization, low working memory, etc.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite.
I have positives, but not negatives anymore

1 Like

For me it’s flat affect. The Normies in my life say I always look like I am angry about something.

1 Like

it makes sense, I like when they talk about neurotransmitters, it seems that you study a lot.
I’m studying everything about the brain and myotransmitters too, I hope to arrive with good news here soon some discovery!!!

I believe that many people took wrong doses and did many wrong combinations for too long and there were drug interactions as well. but maybe I’m wrong and these things don’t work very well anyway. And thanks for the tip not to throw money in the trash I’ll be careful.

They also think I’m always mad at me.

“Maybe it will be different for me!”

Well, good luck, but people trying and then bombing on supplements is a constant thing here.