Suppléments without risk

Which supplements Can ease négative symptoms ?
Without exacerbation of schizophrenia .

I’m guessing you are asking what supplements can ease negative symptoms of sz without risking the positives of sz coming on.

I have yet to find a supplement that makes a huge impact on negative symptoms without increasing risk of positives. There may be some that have a very slight impact. Maybe I just haven’t found then yet, but I’ve been on this forum for 4 years with people reccommending supplements and havent found one with much impact yet.

If you are struggling with anhedonia and mood aspects though, I would recommend Wellbutrin, which is a med, not a supplement. It may also give you a bit of an energy boost. There is some risk of psychosis with it , however.

Maybe talk to your doc about that.

1 Like

Almost nothing. The ones that have worked best for me are Sarcosine and Amyloban 3399. Sarcosine gives a very very slight bump to cognition and help with negs. Amyloban seems to raise my energy level a touch and it also allows me to function on half my dose of APs (it does not do this for everyone).

I have gotten the most help with negatives from improved diet, regular exercise, and a decent sleep schedule. That is what makes the biggest difference for most.

3 Likes

NAC. So long as you’re not on Abilify. I tried it and it interacted with Abilify to give me suicidal ideation.

But there’s research behind it that says it helps negative symptoms.

1 Like

@shutterbug Amyloban is good for schizophrenia without exacerbation ? On internet I found nothing related to schizophrenia .

It’s expensive

Much less expensive than Vraylar and now I only need half as much of it.

B-vitamins
Inositol
Amyloban

These are the ones I take that has a noticable effect.

Possibly also magnesium.

Add regular exercise. It can cost very little for good gains and it’s good for your physical health too.

A little more out there is diet. You can get good gains from diet for sure. Not sure it’s for everyone in our community but I’ve had improvement in negatives simply from good exercise and diet.

1 Like

@Mr_Hope thanks you. Amyloban Can bé used without exacerbation of schizophrenia ? Has it any effects on négative symptoms ? On the web I didn’t found informations about Amyloban in schizophrenia ? How Can you see this information about Amyloban ?

Yes, no exacerbation in me, yes helps me feel better, idk, I just tried it because quite a few people here feel that it helps.

@Piocasse_Rololo please remember that supplements work differently for everyone. Talk to your doctor before adding anything new to your treatment plan, and keep track of any changes in your symptoms so you can figure out how a new supplement affects you.

1 Like

I asked my pdoc about sarcosine and other supplements. He didn’t know about it, so I sent him the research, and then he said, he was unconvinced it would help.

Is there any supplement for cognition which really helps?

Currently, he prescribed me Modafinil for cognition, and I think that had led me into hypomania.

Ok . What is the mechanism of action?

I don’t know what you are asking, but that sounds like a great question to ask a AI bot or a doctor.

Has it effects on négative symptoms ? @Mr_Hope

Yes, it makes me feel better in general. But it is very hard in my case to say exactly how it is doing this. Perhaps more energy, better cognition and mental clarity are some things I can think of.

Thanks . More motivated , less anhedonic ? Are there dangerous side effects ? @Mr_Hope

Which supplement is this, and how much would you rate the improvement in your cognition?

Yes.

No dangerous side effects in my case.

1 Like

How much does it cost for a month?
@Mr_Hope