What do you eat?

I’ve been eating cold hot dogs for dinner. It’s easy and it works. I grew up eating good though…beans and cornbread, collard greens…

I take a cup of cooked oats toss in strawberries, blueberries, a banana, sometimes a small amount of peanut butter. Blend it all up. Drink it. And repeat every three hours. For protein I eat 375 grams of Tyson chicken breast. Twice daily. Your brain performs on what you eat, shitty diet means shitty thoughts/feelings. I got some nutrition information from a body builder and used a bit of ingenuity. I feel distraught for schizo’s who don’t take care of themselves diet wise. I mean diet is the most important thing to a healthy body mind. You can’t survive eating chips, pork rinds, and expect to feel any energy. Some people work so much they eat whatever. But whatever…

1 Like

I eat a lot of fruit. I’m not a vegetarian but I don’t eat a lot of meat because it tends to make me sick. I love tea and coffee but I don’t smoke.

i also read a study of a dairy free diet improving symptoms in both schiz’ and autism. haven’t tried it though so i don’t know.

2 Likes

Oatmeal, not the instant stuff either. Cook up a bowl and chop up a few of whatever on hand: apple,banana,pineapple,kiwi,peach,plum,pear dried cranberrys then add walnuts,pecans, almonds.
Have to drink lots of coffee.
Dinners are fish, chicken, fresh salsa (onion,tomato,avocado)spaghetti, pasta whatever, homemade chicken soup, taquitos, tacos jambalaya, red beans and rice, and often just a skillet of potatoes,carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and any other veggies floating around.

2 Likes

I hear a whole lot of you guys eat lots of vegetables…maybe I need more of them. I don’t eat them more than once a day usually, I had diarrhea problems when I was a vegetarian a few years ago.

But thanks for all of the replies! I’m glad to hear that most of you eat pretty healthily, I was reading “Surviving Schizophrenia” and the author said that we schizophrenics have terrible diets…but I guess us schizophrenics who are more on top of it, aware of our condition (we all are members of a support forum) don’t eat junk

1 Like

I really like this thread.

I was doing some research on wheat and there is a theory that wheat makes schizophrenia worse.

I am on day 5 of wheat free, I feel happier already, could be my imagination though, too early to tell.

I posted this to see if anyone else has gone wheat free and had positive or negative effects.

Please share.

1 Like

I eat the crap that im forced to eat, poor food, non nutritious and repetitive.

I dream of a vegetarian and healthy fun to eat diet with variety, i just wouldn’t know how to handle actual variety! Maybe some meat though, if it wasn’t tortured like mx was saying up there, it would be possible to eat meat and not hurt the animals while you do it, it’s a shame.

I would much love to begin juicing as well.

My royal meals, this ‘royal meals’ is a joke, it is my sarcasm, I eat a lot of food that I can make in my microwave oven.

Lots of meat. I need to get back on my diet, but I have to eat up some food I have on hand before I do that. As I mentioned before I have lots of desserts and also crackers and boxes of cereal to get rid of. I found GREAT sales on all those but I over-did it.

anything and everything…usually microwave stuff though…and diet mt.dew and diet,caffiene free coke

Ive read that people with schizophrenia often eat diets poor in nutrition and high in fat and low in fiber. Im assuming they mean fast food or cheap food?

I used to be a vegetarian and then a piscetarian (fish for protein) as a teenager. I was full of energy. Now I eat an extremely high protein diet due to powerlifting, I sometimes dont feel too good in the stomach when I wake up. I think it’s too much meat and not enough vegetables. I do eat a healthy breakfast though, kashi and soymilk with whey protein. I end up eating a ton of chicken every day and not that much fiber with it, I need to go back on the chicken and lentils or beans thing.

But I poop twice a day, so I guess I do get enough fiber.