What did your professionals used to think you had?

Schizoaffective, bipolar, avoidant personality disorder, bipolar again then paranoid schizophrenia (different countries when I moved to US docs changed my diagnosis to avoidant personality, it changed again when I came back)

1 Like

paranoid schizophrenia straight away at first psych appointment because I’d been delusional for six months

1 Like

depression, GAD, panic disorder, personality disorder NOS, borderline personality disorder, mood disorder, major depressive, bipolar, bipolar with psychotic features, My diagnosis changed depending on who I saw and what my chief complaint was. When I started getting hospitalized they started seeing more of the big picture. I wasn’t trying to hide anything, I was just doing as I had always done which was trying to cope the best I could and trying to appear as normal as I could so I could fit in. Even I didn’t know what I was up against.

1 Like

My diagnoses in order of occurrence in time were: stimulant psychosis > psychosis-NOS > schizophrenia

Prior to the onset of psychosis-related signs or symptoms, I had autism spectrum disorder and ADHD. Both my autism and ADHD diagnoses are still correct.

Do you mean bipolar disorder type 1 & 2? BPD stands for borderline personality disorder. Just curious as I’ve never heard of borderline personality disorder type 2

I meant bipolar disorder 1 and 2

I think the first time I came clean with my first ‘delusion’ it threw them for a loop and they didn’t know what to make of it. I was labeled as aspergers/high-functioning autistic with depression/anxiety.

Later the next doc marked my fixed belief down as a delusion and slapped me with an NOS psychosis, which one of my caseworkers flat out told me was a bs diagnosis and there was nothing wrong with me.

Later on, when I went off meds I had my first major psychotic break. The hospital stay was tough, but I was off the rails and I don’t think it would’ve ended well with my mood swings and anger that comes out of nowhere. So something had to be done. They tell me I’m paranoid schizophrenic now, but I’m still not sure if it’s right. I think the label is mostly for their benefit.

Major depression which is true i guess but it developed into something more hostile to my mental

I agree with my sza diagnosis because I am a terrible insomniac with or without meds,and because without meds, I am extremely paranoid and hallucinating 24/7 around the clock.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.