What did you get on the IQ test

I think I took the IQ test, but I didn’t know the results.

What IQ test? The last official IQ test, I got 129. This stalker harassed me the whole time and I was hurrying. I think I could have done better. When I was in college it was 135.

2 Likes

I’m not sure but I think I have a higher than average iq…but I have low comprehension, therefore I’m not sure. What do you think?

Do you think comprehension has to do with scoring a higher score on the iq test?

i’ve never taken an official iq test. but a couple years ago on the forum, someone posted an online iq test and i did poorly. at best, i have an average iq. not that proficient in math. but i have a good memory and verbal skills.

1 Like

Smart people have an easier time of it these days with access to the internet. When I was in my 20’s and unemployed all I could do was stare at the wall all day bored out of my brain, and even the tv didn’t broadcast until 4pm. Thank god for YouTube, Netflix etc.

1 Like

I did an official test in 1972,but was never told the result. In order of ability it’s verbal >numerical > spatial for me. Not going to university could have knocked 9 points or so off my potential IQ. .

It also didn’t help that I had little intellectual stimulation between my 1st admission in 1975 and getting online in 1996.

Since March I’ve joined several high IQ societies through results from high range verbal IQ tests . Entry requirements ranging from 124 IQ to 160 IQ.

1 Like

I was tested by a neuropsychologist in 2012. She was with my pdr. They said that school is too much for me. They failed, I now have a university degree in physiotherapy and was taking 5 classes/semester. Yes schizophrenia lowered my intelligence but not to the point of not getting my degree. Without schizophrenia I would have been a Dr, that’s what I always wanted.

1 Like

That is great that you beat the odds.

1 Like

If I had to guess my score with the IQ test I would get an 89.

1 Like

I’ve haven’t done an official IQ test yet, but I did an unofficial online test and got 83. I’m pretty sure schizophrenia made me stupid.

1 Like

I don’t know my actual IQ. I’m afraid of finding out because in the scenario of it being higher than I think it is, I’d see myself as the embodiment of wasted potential because I’ve done very little with my life so far, and in the reverse scenario, I’d feel more inclined to give up on bettering my life due to limitations regarding my potential (which would mostly reside in my mind but still).

1 Like

Different IQ tests are probably skewed in different ways. Some might test pure reasoning ability, and another might put a lot of weight on general background knowledge. I’ve met people with very high IQ’s who were completely mentally dysfunctional. The whole notion of IQ is over rated.

3 Likes

I haven’t done a IQ test in a real long time. I can feel my meds are messing with my reasoning though. Like this week I texted my boss saturday evening that I couldn’t work as scheduled the next thursday, bothering him on his day off, instead of just telling him at work on monday. Silly things like that has become more usual than I would like.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.